Do you ever forget your first love?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samoontha20

Reaction score
Hey ladies :)
My friend saw her first proper love and ex boyfriend the other week when we were on a night out, and completely broke down and I could see how much it was hurting her. I've been in that position before and even though its been like 5 years since it ended, whenever I see the ex (on a night out as we have mutual friends) it still hurts. It's lead me to think, even when you're married/with someone else do you think you ever forget or move on properly from your first love? X

I think you can love different people in different ways. I can remember my first love but can honestly say I never think about him as it was many years ago. I am married now to a wonderful man who enhances my life in many ways. We are great friends and he is most definitely the one person I would not want to be without. If anything were ever to happen to him I would never forget him.

I'm still with mine nearly 10 years later. Now married with a 16 week old wee bubba.

I had a relationship before Graeme and i thought it was love back then (young and naive) but this is the real deal :)
Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would say you don't.

That isn't disloyal to the person you love most, and chose to spend your life with, but your first love has a place in your memory.

I met my first love aged 13 and 17 years later we are still together, married for 9 years with two children, so I certainly never forgot my first love :D

I wouldn't want to forget my first love. It was an experience I needed to have to make me who I am now.

I can easily talk with my first serious boyfriend, there was a few years after we split when I wondered what if and went through mixed feelings (unsure if I wanted to get back with him or not etc..).

I met someone else and still had niggles about if things were different etc.. but I got on with my life with my new man, we got engaged, married and had a child. I still had the odd fleeting thought about my first love.

I was married for 5 years and split for about 6 months, got back together had another child (so 2 in total) and then realised that it wasn't working so split for good. We had been together 9 years in total.

I then met the man I'm with now. We have 2 children (so 4 in total) and I am VERY happy. I no longer look back at my first love and wonder what if, I look back and wonder what if I didn't - I wouldn't be who I am and have the wonderfull children I have.

Don't get me wrong it did take a long time for me to grow up and realise that everything we go through in life goes towards making you who you are and if you went back and changed anything then you wouldn't be who you are now.

I love the saying "The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner".

I'm still with my first love. We met when I was 15 he was 17. We have been together 13 years and married for 9 years, and have 3 beautiful kids.

I could never forget him, even if we split up horribly. We've spent almost half of our lives together.

Jemima :)

No regrets. I had 3 years with my first love. Or at least I thought it was love. I really now realise that we just grew together after being pushed together by others.

I then met my husband who proposed after just 3 days of meeting. We married the following year and have been together now for 31 years. Still very much in true love and have a wonderful 22 year old son.

Oh gosh! I needed this thread...

My first love was a big love.... Very big. Too big to forget.

I now have a wonderful husband who I am very happy with but my 1st love is still in my dreams at night. It makes me feel guilty and i can't understand why he's coming back?!?!

I hope that I can move on from mine..after 6 years we have split and I hope this feeling doesn't last forever x

Hey ladies :)
My friend saw her first proper love and ex boyfriend the other week when we were on a night out, and completely broke down and I could see how much it was hurting her. I've been in that position before and even though its been like 5 years since it ended, whenever I see the ex (on a night out as we have mutual friends) it still hurts. It's lead me to think, even when you're married/with someone else do you think you ever forget or move on properly from your first love? X

I don't think I've ever loved anyone truly :( I wish I had, maybe I will find him one day xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm married to my first love now. Took us a while to get here! We went out when I was 16 and then we chose different paths in life and split up. I moved and married someone else and He was a drug addict. 20 years later we got married in October and out first baby is due in December.
It's funny how everything happens for a reason.
He is my best friend. I love him to bits!

Oh gosh! I needed this thread...

My first love was a big love.... Very big. Too big to forget.

I now have a wonderful husband who I am very happy with but my 1st love is still in my dreams at night. It makes me feel guilty and i can't understand why he's coming back?!?!

I love my boyfriend more than anything in the world but I'm going through the same thing myself at the moment! I'm waking up and feeling really guilty like I've done something sordid and horrible when I haven't done anything at all :(

I love my boyfriend more than anything in the world but I'm going through the same thing myself at the moment! I'm waking up and feeling really guilty like I've done something sordid and horrible when I haven't done anything at all :(

I had this exact same thing happen to me while I was planning my wedding! All my ex boyfriends kept cropping up in my dreams! I wouldn't worry about it, our brains do funny things while we are asleep! One dream, I was still with my ex, but had married my husband, and thought "hmm I really should have broken up with him (the ex) first before getting married (to my husband), what do I do?!" When I woke up I was SO pleased that it was all rubbish and my husband was lying next to me!

I had this exact same thing happen to me while I was planning my wedding! All my ex boyfriends kept cropping up in my dreams! I wouldn't worry about it, our brains do funny things while we are asleep! One dream, I was still with my ex, but had married my husband, and thought "hmm I really should have broken up with him (the ex) first before getting married (to my husband), what do I do?!" When I woke up I was SO pleased that it was all rubbish and my husband was lying next to me!

I've had dreams where I've been living in one house with one ex and then in another with my current boyfriend and married to someone else! :')

I'm with my first love for nearly 2 years 😀 but he had one before me (for 7 years) and I always always alwayysss doubt that he still thinks about her and loves her 😔 I even have dreams his going behind my back and things even though I know (hope) he wouldn't go back there and his moved on X

I remember my first love, he was a great guy and we're still in touch.

We aren't in love anymore and haven't been probably since before we split. I have warm friendly feelings for him and I will never forget him because we were together a long time, mostly good and grew up a bit together.

We are both in relationships now and there are no lingering feelings, no jealousy.

I am so in love with my man, much more than I ever was with my ex, I just didn't know at the time that more was possible.

Your friend will move on. I had a friend in a very similar situation. Ex wrecked her head. Now she's engaged to the love of her life. Just be there for her if she needs you xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I was with my first love from aged 16 to 19 and when we split it was awful! I moved on and met other people and eventually got engaged and bought a house but I always thought about my first love.
Although our relationship had been very unhealthy at times, there was something very natural about being with him and I felt I compared everyone to him.
Years later I split with my fiancé. Somehow my first love bumped into my best friend on a night out and confessed he had never forgotten me and wished things were different.
Needless to say, she set us up and we've been together ever since! Two children and a house later! 😍😘

Shouldn't be reading this thread as it is making me so sad :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back