does anyone else have to do their own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do my own nails as i dont know anyone to swap nails with( would love to tho)im the most fussiest person lol. would hate to hav me as a client!the only person i know locally costs an absolute fortune and is booked months in advance.i do a great set then get busy with work/kids/housework etc, a month goes by then my set is soaked off( or picked off in a hurry
icon_redface.gif
)i am a really bad example to my clients im ashamed to say.

i love doing my own nails, its the only bit of pampering i get. xx

i do my own - its a great way of practising and testing out new ideas - like glittter tips nail art etc xx

Hiya & welcome to this fab site.

I'm in the same boat as you, I hate doing my own nails as I never seem to have enough time to spend on them. They are just ready for infils on a new set of glitter tips and I've had to glue one back on as I caught it in my car door yesterday! I know I know the greenies will get me!!! Only tempoary until tomorrow as I have an appointment with myself!!!:!: I've given them a disguise with some Northern Lights Hologram topcoat!

There are one or two other mobiles around here but they don't appear all that friendly if you know what I mean so I don't feel I could ring any of them up.

Maybe I ought to post a thread for Lincs techs, you could do the same for your area too if you get no joy.

Hi there, I do my own nails and I rally hate doing them - wish there was another Geek round here that I could share a bottle of wine with and do each others nails. I refuse to pay to get them done as it seems like such a waste of money when I can actually do them myself, also last time I had my nails done somewhere I had lifting within a day, it was before I was trained so I didn't know why - but looking back I really don't remember them doing any prep work really!! At least doing them yourself you know that they are how you want them and that you've done a proper job!! But if there are any Geeks around this area who would like to share a botle of wine and do each others nails then give me a shout!!!!! xx

HEELLOO!!!!!!!!!

Just thought i would let u all know that i done my nails today!!! YAY!!:p

I had a cancellation today so took the opportunity to do my nails! Oh what a joy it was! (not!!) They took me nearly 3 hours what a MISH!!! but hey they look fab now!! but not for long! They already have nail varnish all over the corners after doing 3 pedicures for a wedding this evening! You no how u use the corners of your nails to scrape away any messy bits on clients nails!Must get out of that habbit!

So thanks for all of your replies, i dont feel so alone now with the pain! And thank you for the offers of meeting up to do each others nails ('simply nails' in rayleigh). I think we shall have to do that!!

This site is fab you are all so helpful and friendly!

Cheers my loves!:hug:

hello!!! i do my own, i used to have french l&p but i get bored doing my own and they took too long so now i've got gels on cos they're quicker for me to buff down etc. i also use tech wrap on the nails that get abused when filing other people's nails but i still have to fill them once a week!

well i say tech wrap but it's actually vet wrap i use, cos the stuff you get from nail suppliers is about£3 for a tidgy little roll where as if you go to your local equine, horsey type place you can get vet wrap then cut in in to 3 smaller rolls with a stanley knife and voila you have 3 bigger rolls of tech wrap for £3!!!

Nail FX said:
I have been doing nails for 12 months now... and I have always done my own appart from once when I got another geek to do them and they were great, but she lived too far away for the upkeep.

The first few times they were pants .. but now I feel they are as good as I do for clients, I love the way I can get my hand in just the right position to apply the product and see exactly what I am doing. With clients I find they are not as 'pliable' as I would like LOL! I tend to do l&p on my own but I have done Brisa overlays once and a full set of p&w brisa. I still prefer the l&p though with a gel topcoat.

I have not had many willing friends to help me out over this training period, so its been a case of needs must!

It takes me approximately 1 hour 45 mins to do my own set now.

How on earth do you manage to do your non dominant hand? I'm trying to do mine right now (have just posted on anoher thread about it) I've had to come away for a smoke as my hand is so shaky! i think I'm going to have to show hubby to do it.........knowing him he will be better at it than me!!

I do my own nails and dont really enjoy! I tend to do them at midnight when I am tired...
However, it is a good experience as I learn all about client's tricks, picking, peeling, 'just fall off' scenarios, when I am wearing enhancements!

i do my own, some times it is a chore..but its my best advertising, so has to be done
the thing i get bored with is rebalance and infills on my self...plus i get very bored and change my enhancements every 2-3 weeks....so if i was to get someone else to do them it would cost me a fortune.
would love it though to book and get them done......as a treat for myself

I have always done my own nails. When I was training we were told we have to do our own, it was part of our training, I think the theroy was if you can do your own nails you should be able to do a clients nails, with little or no problems.
I once let a trainee (well I didn't have much choice, was on a product promo) do a nail on me........... oooooowwww was I in pain. Never again was my motto from then on, but I have to let someone do one hand in 10 days time, I think.

Cheers

I can do my own nails and can do them in 1hr 30 mins. I love experimenting with colour and glitter!

At the moment I am wearing my nails natural and long.

xxx

Latest posts

Back