Does anyone have an idea what this is?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a nail tech but this last week I have had this problem under my wedding rings and had to take them off on Thursday as it was really painful.

Over the weekend it got worse (painful when stretched).

Does anyone know what it is before I head off to the docs?

I'm worried its connected to my products :(

TIA
Angela

Attachments

• 20130825_154411.jpg
    20130825_154411.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 552
  • 20130825_154417.jpg
    20130825_154417.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 528
  • 20130825_154423.jpg
    20130825_154423.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 536
Looks a bit like contact dermatitis maybe a product getting stuck underneath your wedding ring? I have it with mine so I don't wear it that often but I haven't found out what causes it I've had it since I had my ring tho never had any problems with my engagement ring.

Looks a bit like contact dermatitis maybe a product getting stuck underneath your wedding ring? I have it with mine so I don't wear it that often but I haven't found out what causes it I've had it since I had my ring tho never had any problems with my engagement ring.

I've never had it before now. I'm wondering if it's a combo of changing water and product. I'm booking in with the doc to see what he says.

Thanks x

I get this sometimes..I have quite a wide wedding band, and over the years have been unable to wear my engagement ring..
I think its caused by not drying completely under the ring, moving it up, drying then down again, so its a form of dermatitis. At least that's my verdict, not being a doctor etc..:)
The engagement ring made it even worse, as soap was getting trapped between the rings too, so compounding the problem. The dr. will probs give you a tube of cortisone cream, as it can get very itchy and painful too!
Hope this helps..x

I get this sometimes..I have quite a wide wedding band, and over the years have been unable to wear my engagement ring..
I think its caused by not drying completely under the ring, moving it up, drying then down again, so its a form of dermatitis. At least that's my verdict, not being a doctor etc..:)
The engagement ring made it even worse, as soap was getting trapped between the rings too, so compounding the problem. The dr. will probs give you a tube of cortisone cream, as it can get very itchy and painful too!
Hope this helps..x

I had exactly this with my rings - I wear three on my wedding finger. It stopped once I started to wear rubber gloves for cleaning etc. If you can't wear gloves you just have to make sure that you remove your rings and dry/rinse your hands thoroughly.

I also had the same thing happen a few years ago under my eternity band and had to stop wearing it. Once it had gone I could wear it but had to take it off at night and keep the area dry. Recently I have had problems with the Skin on my palms itching and flaking and have been diagnosed with pompholyx a type of eczema irritated by things such as stress and season changes, l also have small patches on my feet. Look it up as making a few changes to the way you treat the skin on your hands may help it disappear without using damaging steroid creams xx

I had the same thing and thought it was getting wet under there and not drying. I kept my rings off until it cleared up but it came straight back when I put them on. My rings didnt feel too tight but after I lost a bit of weight it stopped happening so I think it was that for me!

I also had the same thing happen a few years ago under my eternity band and had to stop wearing it. Once it had gone I could wear it but had to take it off at night and keep the area dry. Recently I have had problems with the Skin on my palms itching and flaking and have been diagnosed with pompholyx a type of eczema irritated by things such as stress and season changes, l also have small patches on my feet. Look it up as making a few changes to the way you treat the skin on your hands may help it disappear without using damaging steroid creams xx

I have his too. I have suffered from this for over 15 years and whilst I feel that it doesn't look very pleasant, I personally dont suffer from the irritation as much as others that I know that have this condition.

Hi all

I'm a nail tech but this last week I have had this problem under my wedding rings and had to take them off on Thursday as it was really painful.

TIA
Angela

I have this all the time on and off. It's where I wear a wide wedding and eternity ring and don't dry underneath when they're wet. It's nothing much to worry about and I wouldn't bother going to the doctors about it. You could ask the pharmacist if you're concerned but I just usually massage in a bit of E45 cream and it goes after a few days. Oh and it usually is worse in the hot weather.

I use to get this under my watch strap when I was a junior, just with the water sitting their all day, make sure you dry the skin under the ring, and as someone else said e45 :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all

TIA
Angela

It looks to me like it might be contact dermatitis, let us know what the Dr diagnoses !

I get that under my wedding ring as well. Like others have said its because water gets trapped under the band. My skin is permanently shiny underneath but when it get dry Like that I leave my wedding ring off for a day or two. It soon clears up.

I also get this I think it's the dust that stuck underneath x

Latest posts

Back