Does anyone work for a hairdressers or beauty salon on freelance basis?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
i have been thinking about eventually approaching local hairdressers and beauty salons to offer the following services on a freelance basis :
bridal makeup, airbase airspray, eyelash extensions
thats assuming they dont offer any of the above, lol
i realise i may be out of luck with the makeup side of things with the beauty salons, but thought it would work particularly well with hairdressers - i could come in and apply the brides makeup after her hair has been done, may be able to rent some space or a room?
just wondered if anyone did this, how it worked, and also how i should approach them in the first place!

I work freelance in a hair salon and rent space to do manicures, pedicures and nail enhancements. I pay a weekly rent for the space, provide my own products and it works very well. I get clients from the hair salon and the hair salon picks up clients from me.

You should get a portfolio/cv together and approach the salons you have in mind on a quiet day and take it from there. Quite often salons may not have thought about renting out a room/space until the proposal is put to them and if they see that you are professional, have something to offer and would reflect positively in the salon, hopefully they will take you on board.

Prices for rental of space/rooms can vary across the country depending on the location and reputuation of the salons and the potential for your business. Some places also work on a percentage of your takings.

Do a search on here for rent and you'll find loads of information.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back