Does this happen to anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissy G

Reaction score
Hiya,

OK well, having a nightmare at the moment. Was going along great guns with the sculpting, I actually prefer this to tips and overlays. But.....over the last few days I have become completely inept. My smiles have gone to pot! Zone 1 looks like nothing on this earth and I keep putting too much in Zones 2 and 3. What's going on???
All of a sudden I seem to have lost my ability to get the right ratio, I can't do zone 1 with one bead and end up with the classy looking marbling and shadow effect:rolleyes: . I used to find zones 2 and 3 a doddle after reading Gigis tutorials....but now my apex is in the wrong place and zone 3 doesn't 'melt' into the natural nail anymore.
Am I just having a bad few days? Does this happen to you guys at all?
I did used to be good at this.....honest!
Going to bang my head against a brick wall now.....that'll help! :(
K x

Im the same! Was doin fine b4 crimbo then i just lost it! Smile lines,mix ratio the lot. So i bukd in 4 a one 2 one with creative n im back on track! Infact im doin a million times better than b4! (thanx Bev) x

Krissy G said:
Hiya,

OK well, having a nightmare at the moment. Was going along great guns with the sculpting, I actually prefer this to tips and overlays. But.....over the last few days I have become completely inept. My smiles have gone to pot! Zone 1 looks like nothing on this earth and I keep putting too much in Zones 2 and 3. What's going on???
All of a sudden I seem to have lost my ability to get the right ratio, I can't do zone 1 with one bead and end up with the classy looking marbling and shadow effect:rolleyes: . I used to find zones 2 and 3 a doddle after reading Gigis tutorials....but now my apex is in the wrong place and zone 3 doesn't 'melt' into the natural nail anymore.
Am I just having a bad few days? Does this happen to you guys at all?
I did used to be good at this.....honest!
Going to bang my head against a brick wall now.....that'll help! :(
K x
Your not alone krissy - I try and practice every night if not working to keep those demon bad habits from evolving...or getting worse...like Tina says a one 2 one can work a treat, why not treat yourself it will be worth it in the end.... :D

Hello Geeks....

I myself have found from time to time I run into these silly slumps for a few days. I find after a couple of days off I seem to return to normal. I would suggest maybe just reading up on a few tutorials or refer to your original text book (if you have one) . Go back to the basics if you must and get re-inspired. You will get it back, I promise!

Take care

i can under stand your problems, have been there my self what helped me was to have a couple of hours one to one. I learnt more in 2 hours then i did in a class full of mixed ability, with out this i would of given up!! Ask your supplier if they can help or give maria at ezflow a call 01204 412002 and she can advice . Tutorials on the site are fab too.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have taken a break and a breather this week and will be getting back in the swing a bit more soon.
I think I was over obsessing about it all really, the more you get in a dither about it, the worse it gets!
K x

I can totally empathise with you. I felt I had improved greatly but now seemed to have regressed! I'm having problems now that I didn't have even with my very first set:irked: I know what I really need to do is go back to basics and really look at what I'm doing - perhaps an element of complacency has slipped in. I don't know really because I do try really hard to get it right - or perhaps that's the problem, trying too hard and just tensing up. Anyway, I guess it's a continually learning process so the thing is to keep at it and not give up!

Best wishes

a lifelong learning experience, you have it in one , if at first you dont succeed then try, try again.!!!!!

Latest posts

Back