doing nails on 16 or under?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hiya everyone

im a bitt stuck and lost on what to do - i have 2 girlys wanting nails done and both are 14 (two totally different girls) - i have already said yes to one but am now starting to have second thorts on weather to do them or now - they both want jyst white tips with lots of gems lol

what do you all out there think of doing nails on under 16's? - i know there is a mixed oppinion and would like to hear what you guys would do

i also thort if i did do them, then make a disclaimer and get parent consent but sooooooo confuzzled as dont know what to write down

thanx :0) x

Hi,

In my own opinion, I personally would do their nails but with a parental consent form signed or better still with an accompanying parent or guardian present on the treatment day. Hope this helps? :)

that makes me feel betta - wht would you write in a parent consent to cover yourself? x

i would do them with the parent present and see that she signs the consent form (otherwise you will never know for sure who signed it).

you can pretty much put it however you would like, i think. but if you really want to be protected, contact an attorney for proper wording.

kristi

i too would do under 16s providing i had parental consent and it was a one off eg holiday or a party etc, i wouldnt feel happy having them in every 2 weeks for infills,

I agree, I do under 16s with parental consent for special occasions eg proms birthdays etc, but find that young girls dont take care of enhancements like women do plus their lifestyle tends to be more hectic, so wouldnt reccomend wearing them long term, rather try to encourage them to look after their own nails etc.

I agree that I would do the nails, but when I do younger clients I make sure the parent drops them off so that I am aware they are allowed to have the treatment done, and secondly, I give them a little sheet on how to care for their nails. I find that younger girls don't really know anything about gels (I don't do acrylic) and thus instead of calling me and caring for them, they tend to pick a lot more if there is any lifting and sometimes they don't realize just how often they need to come in for maintenance. This is only in my personal experience, I just have found that they are more work to do fills on. However I would rather spend the time with them and explain how to care for them properly than see tham go to an NSS nearby to have their poor little fingers butchered. These are the kids that end up going to these salons for life and you can't convince them any other way b/c that's all they know and they are 'cheaper'...

Hi,

PM your email address and I can send you a copy of mine.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back