Don’t trust the reviews!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsKMC

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to make everyone aware...in case you weren’t already! I WAS using Hair Planet as my budget range. One of my regular clients wanted to upgrade to their 180g 20” weft after wearing their standard 120g 18” Weave. It lasted less than 2 weeks before the matting and dryness began. I did eventually get my clients money back through PayPal, but Hair planet did absolutely nothing to help. I thought I would write a review to help others, this was over a month ago and my review is no where to be seen (Just shows only 5*)! I am still on the hunt for a decent weave supplier for hair that will last a minimum of 6 months so am testing new suppliers now! Any advice would be appreciated on decent weaves, cost isn’t an issue! Thanks!

Hey, just wanted to make everyone aware...in case you weren’t already! I WAS using Hair Planet as my budget range. One of my regular clients wanted to upgrade to their 180g 20” weft after wearing their standard 120g 18” Weave. It lasted less than 2 weeks before the matting and dryness began. I did eventually get my clients money back through PayPal, but Hair planet did absolutely nothing to help. I thought I would write a review to help others, this was over a month ago and my review is no where to be seen (Just shows only 5*)! I am still on the hunt for a decent weave supplier for hair that will last a minimum of 6 months so am testing new suppliers now! Any advice would be appreciated on decent weaves, cost isn’t an issue! Thanks!

Hey have you tried Hair Xtentions? I’ve used the supplier a few times now for weaves and the hair does last a good 3/4 months with correct after care. One of my clients has has two refits of nano rings up to now lasting 6/7 weeks each time and they are only just looking like they need a fresh set. I’ve heard mixed reviews about beauty works so wouldn’t like to say as I haven’t used them personally x

Hey have you tried Hair Xtentions? I’ve used the supplier a few times now for weaves and the hair does last a good 3/4 months with correct after care. One of my clients has has two refits of nano rings up to now lasting 6/7 weeks each time and they are only just looking like they need a fresh set. I’ve heard mixed reviews about beauty works so wouldn’t like to say as I haven’t used them personally x
No I haven’t used hair xtensions, I’ve spent so much on colour rings and hair just trying to find a decent product...it’s so frustrating, I’ve been through all the threads on here and it’s very confusing as different people say different things about each company! Most extensionists that have found a really good supplier won’t share the details. I am testing out another couple of suppliers on some friends, but will be losing money until I’m happy with the hair. I used Beauty works gold on myself and at least 10 other ladies, the hair was dreadful, very dry and matted easily! I lost a couple of clients because of this, so now I’m extra careful on who I use!
I really just want a good weft that will last a minimum of 6 months...even if it costs £300+

Hollywood weave by Remi cachet

I used hair planet a few times and have had no problems, maybe your client did not follow the after care or it was a bad batch?
I use Archie Lloyds mostly as the hair will last about a year x

I used hair planet a few times and have had no problems, maybe your client did not follow the after care or it was a bad batch?
I was using hair planet for the 120g and they were fine, I returned the 180g Hair to them that was faulty, thinking they would investigate it, but they literally sent it back the next day saying there wasn’t anything wrong with it! The client followed all aftercare, even if she didn’t I’d expect the hair to last more than 2 weeks. It looked like the hair had been sewn on to the weft upside down, so every time she brushed it she was actually backcombing it...does that make sense? I just can’t offer a product that might be faulty and not have the support of the supplier if this happens. Is Archie Lloyd’s the same company as sjk? Their websites and colours are almost exactly the same. I did like sjk, but I was finding the wefts to long and having to put 4 layers on each row to fit it all in, so it’s very bulky to start with.

I was using hair planet for the 120g and they were fine, I returned the 180g Hair to them that was faulty, thinking they would investigate it, but they literally sent it back the next day saying there wasn’t anything wrong with it! The client followed all aftercare, even if she didn’t I’d expect the hair to last more than 2 weeks. It looked like the hair had been sewn on to the weft upside down, so every time she brushed it she was actually backcombing it...does that make sense? I just can’t offer a product that might be faulty and not have the support of the supplier if this happens. Is Archie Lloyd’s the same company as sjk? Their websites and colours are almost exactly the same. I did like sjk, but I was finding the wefts to long and having to put 4 layers on each row to fit it all in, so it’s very bulky to start with.

No there colours are a bit different. Archie Lloyds only do Russian and there wefts are shorter in width.X

Sorry to see your experience with that supplier I use studio58 which have good and bad reviews but I got a few samples from them and then got tgere colour ring which I'm really happy about you will find your right supplier in the end just everyone has their own likes which you will find yours in the end good luck hunni

Remy cachet elegance weaves - the hair with correct aftercare lasts atleast 6-9 months sometimes more. This is a client of mine after 4 months.

Attachments

• 4E411CC5-4F35-493C-9889-9097CF0ED234.jpeg
    4E411CC5-4F35-493C-9889-9097CF0ED234.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back