Dream Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
Ive just put Dream builder Gel on my sister and when she put her hand under the UV light, her nail felt very very hot. She removed her hand from the light and put it back in, it didnt burn the second time.
What could be wrong?

Julia

julia_james said:
Ive just put Dream builder Gel on my sister and when she put her hand under the UV light, her nail felt very very hot. She removed her hand from the light and put it back in, it didnt burn the second time.
What could be wrong?

Julia

There is a reason why the gel burns a little when you put it in the lamp. I cant explain it in technical terms, but its actually when all the ingredients of the gel is pulling together to dry under the UV lamp.

It happens to a fair amount of people, but especially to people with thin nail beds. Basically, they will feel it more than others. I dont think its anything to worry about (some might disagree), just take the person's hand out of the lamp for a few seconds and then replace it!

As with all substances gel contains molecules. Before the gel is cured these molecules are all spaced out.
When cureing gel this process polymerisation needs to happen gradually. If it happens too quickly the molecules smash together and cause a burning sensation. It may also be due to the fact that the gel was too thick or that she had thin damaged nails.

What I do is hold the nails in the glow of the lamp for a minute, then place them, right in. If there is still burning keep the nails in the glow for the duration of the curing process. It may take a minutes or so longer.

HTH XXXX

andrelax said:
When cureing gel this process polymerisation needs to happen gradually. If it happens too quickly the molecules smash together and cause a burning sensation. It may also be due to the fact that the gel was too thick or that she had thin damaged nails.

HTH XXXX

Thanks! This is what I was trying to explain!

Latest posts

Back