Drinks anyone!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering for those of you that work from home, do you offer your clients any refreshments?!? ie tea, coffee, cold drinks?

Louise x

yes, befor we start !!! to make them feel at home !

I don't as most of the time they just want to come and have their treatment. If they were drinking or eating then I wouldn't be able to start until they were finished - you dont want them having dust or vapours settling in their coffee instead of sugar now do you LOL.

I'm not currently working as a nail tech but when I do I would make it the first thing I offered, helps them relax and feel welcome.

Hi

I offer tea, coffee, water or cordials - bascially anything cold i have in ! i also have an ice machine in my fridge freezer - which is going down really well with the warm weather coming !

I have bought some really groovy tall mugs with lids (they actually look like they have l&p 3d flowers on them !) for my clients drinks to enable them to protect their drink if they still have it when i start their service.

Agree with Stacey, its a nice welcome - I ALWAYS offer, though not always wanted if they are in a rush etc

kx

Great idea about the covered mugs, Karren, I may have to shamelessly pinch that one!
I offer tea or coffee, and also keep a selection of those mini cans of drink (coke, lemonade, lilt etc) and cold water. I think it helps them feel at home, and also some treatments can drag a bit so at least if they have a drink at the start they shouldn't get too dry a mouth halfway through. The worst is when they decline a drink at the beginning and then ask for one halfway through, and you have to stop the treatment to go and get them one.
Thinking of getting one of those every-drink-under-the-sun hot drinks makers, but don't have enough clients yet to make it worthwhile. The same for one of those mini water dispensers, and at least that way I wouldn't have to leave the room to make the drinks.

I Have Only Done A Few Clients But Always Have Asked Them If They Would Like A Drink To Me This Is Very Welcoming. Ok You Must Remember About The Dust/fumes But The Mugs With The Lids On Are Great.

Thinking About It The Drink Is Normally Drank Quite Early While The Prep Is Going On.

Not Everyone Wants A Drink But I Know I Would Like To Be Offered One If It Were Me Getting A Treatment Done.

I Have Hot And Cold Drinks In All The Time So This Is What I Would Offer.

Caz Xxx

Yeps I always offer drinks as soon as they arrive. I would feel mean if i didnt lol

Some have a drink and others dont want one but I always offer :)

yep same hear always offer tea/coffee or some thing cold, gets things off to a good start. xxxxxxxx

I have a water dispenser that does chilled and room temperature - it's loaded with bottles of Evian.

No tea/coffee, it would get in the way on the desk, take up too much time and I worry about ingestion :(

My cups of water are really little so they tend to get drunk almost immediately so there's not much chance of dust getting in the water, also you can see it floating on top if it does

Trin
xx

louise said:
Hi all,

Just wondering for those of you that work from home, do you offer your clients any refreshments?!? ie tea, coffee, cold drinks?

Louise x

I make them a drink before I start and use the time to discuss their treatment. I also show them any retail products that I have.

Hiya x

I also offer drinks as soon as they arrive...and i use the Creative cups with the lids...(they are so lovely) but what makes me laugh is when Rob (better half) is here when clients arrive....he is like the hostess with the mostess....he makes the drinks and then comes in a little later with some mini shortbreads on a plate....i am sure he only does it cos my ladies go "" ahhhhh isnt he good.. bless him ""

one of my clients told me she only comes to me so she can look at rob....lol ... bet she wouldnt want to do his washing....lol

xxxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya x

I also offer drinks as soon as they arrive...and i use the Creative cups with the lids...(they are so lovely) but what makes me laugh is when Rob (better half) is here when clients arrive....he is like the hostess with the mostess....he makes the drinks and then comes in a little later with some mini shortbreads on a plate....i am sure he only does it cos my ladies go "" ahhhhh isnt he good.. bless him ""

one of my clients told me she only comes to me so she can look at rob....lol ... bet she wouldnt want to do his washing....lol

xxxx
ahhhhhhh now that is sweet mine wouldnt notice if i had a house full, and put the kettle on i think not, i dont think he even no's wear it is.;)

bless him i think thats lovely of him !!!

I usually offer a drink at the start too, by the time consultation & prep is done its finished.
NailStyle said:
when Rob (better half) is here when clients arrive....he is like the hostess with the mostess....he makes the drinks and then comes in a little later with some mini shortbreads on a plate....i am sure he only does it cos my ladies go " ahhhhh isnt he good.. bless him "
I have this with Mark, he also says "lets have a look then...oooh dont they look fantastic" as they leave.
Then once the door is shut, he'll ask me if I was happy with them and OFFER HIS CRITIQUE :eek:
Cheeky devil!!!

Glorsclaws said:
I usually offer a drink at the start too, by the time consultation & prep is done its finished.

I have this with Mark, he also says "lets have a look then...oooh dont they look fantastic" as they leave.
Then once the door is shut, he'll ask me if I was happy with them and OFFER HIS CRITIQUE :eek:
Cheeky devil!!!

yeah thats it....maybe they where split at birth....xxx

Latest posts

Back