Dublin beauty show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimid

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hoping to attend my first professional show tomorrow and was wondering is there any tips i should know about going or what offers can i expect - im afraid of my life ill need a mortgsge after!!!

Me too for my second year, have been counting down the days for months! You would be surprised how fast your money will dissappear on the day when you get excited by seeing everything right in front of you all in the one room! Sweet Squared said they have some great offers & if you ordered tickets there was a booklet that came with it showing all the special offers :) there seems to be a few doing free training if you purchase the kit eg. Nsi are doing free swarovski crystal toe training if you purchase the kit. Can't wait!

I'm excited!

Last time I went I took a notepad and pen and jotted down certain offers or training courses I was interested in. There is so much to see and take in, it can be hard to keep track! Once I had been round the whole place once I took myself to one of the cafe areas, rested and looked over the information I had collected - then I was able to compare prices etc. and make an informed decision about the stands I wanted/needed to visit again :)

Just an idea that worked for me!
Hope you have fun too :biggrin:

Thanks sinead yes im like a child in a sweet shop really!! I ordered ticket online but didnt get a booklet :( are the queues bad?? When is a good time to go?? :)

@savageemz thats a brill idea thanks a million!! :)

Oh I'm jealous I'd love to go but I can't afford it just after getting a spray tan kit and travelling to dub Tuesday for the tanning course

Thanks sinead yes im like a child in a sweet shop really!! I ordered ticket online but didnt get a booklet :( are the queues bad?? When is a good time to go?? :)

Thats strange mine just came in the other day, Im sure there will be some like it up there! I went at about 12 o clock last year and it was fine, There was a constant flow of people coming & going but didnt find any ques to be ridiculous, Cnd of course are so busy so that queue will be big but worth it! Also watch out & definately take the tip that the above user (sorry cant remember the name!) and take notes & compare. I was only starting out last year & went to a stand that I wont name here & was told their 3 week polish is exactly like shellac without the name & all i needed were top & basecoat & prep, after about 4 applications everyones was peeling off & i rang up the company & they made out I was stupid because you apparantly needed a primer too that I was never told about once! Waste of €150 :( so just be careful about things like that :)

Sweet Squared the exclusive Irish distributor for CND, Minx, Dashing Diva, Shellac and Vinyux plus Tibby Oliver, Shrinking Violet and Fath Lift. They are stand B6----------------- they alwyas have the most exciting things at the show and the deals will REALLY blow your mind. :biggrin:

Geeg do you have any idea what s2's offers will be? I'll be there for my own stock but I need to advise my boss on a shellac start up price, I have convinced her to switch from an inferior 3 week manicure brand for the salon ;-)

Geeg do you have any idea what s2's offers will be? I'll be there for my own stock but I need to advise my boss on a shellac start up price, I have convinced her to switch from an inferior 3 week manicure brand for the salon ;-)

I do know what the offers are !! But I can't tell you !! lol What I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT THERE IS A KILLER DEAL on Shellac start up which will only be for the show so she must go and bring the CC. I promise it is un-missable. x Trust me.

Haha thanks Geeg, it was worth a try! But that's all I need to know, she'll meet me there credit card in tow :)

Just home from a day of setting up the stand- can not wait til you all see what we have for you. The Sweet Squared show deals are absolutely amazing!!

You won't miss the stand...it's B6 right in front as you come in the door...it's the big 'un!!

Eeeeeeek so excited for tomorrow...off to bring my feet back to life and sort out my nails!

Let's hope you will still be standing by tomorrow night!! Lol. Sensible shoes dear. X. Have a great show!x

Great stuff think I'll have to hide the credit card statement next month ;)

I'm working at the show on the sweet squared stand today. Be sure to rock up and say hello girls.

So attended the beauty how in Dublin today foe the first time and it was mad!!

Got great deal in shellac with the new intimate collection and some great gelish colours too.

However some observations:

The sweet squared was badly organised and a wait of an hour from 10 o clock was abit much- didnt seem to be v organised at all- loads of tills but no proper system- couldnt get catalogue items but customers were not told this until nearly at the til!! Otherwise the girls were v nice but jut could be organised a little better- v impressive stand!!

The suppliers of gelish- well v nice too and bout 15 min wait! And v organised has to be said.

Couldn't hear lot of demos.

By midday it was like a constant traffic jam- space between stands not alot! I used to work at different shows for years but dont remember space been that tight!!

I didnt get booklet of vouchers in post and when i asked when i went in i was told i couldn't get them but no reason why.

Overall great experience and glad i went and now i want too put a different colours on each nail!!

Anyone else attend today??

Last edited:
I'm working at the show on the sweet squared stand today. Be sure to rock up and say hello girls.

You must be wrecked now, the only stand with a constant queue that I was in!

Self explanatory topic! Were any of you there? How did you find it? I spent a fortune at sweet squared!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there I was modelling for sweetsquared for the shrinking violet and faith lift for them this evening absolutely mortifying having to strip off get wrapped in front of everyone but was a great chance to try before I buy so was well worth it my face feels gorgeous and I lost four inches too so far! The girl who did the treatment was lovely and helped put me at ease and of course it was lovely to get to see jenny and the team, got a lovely hug from Samantha too! Got to see Doug schoon in the flesh too didnt talk to him as was mummified in cling film when I saw him eek

Latest posts

Back