Eczema and White Spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnlyMe

Reaction score
Hello All!

This question is for my daughter really... She is 21 and a lifelong sufferer with eczema. She has the white spots I've read about in another message (lilia?) and because of the delicate nature of her skin is afraid to use exfoliation and has to use greasy moisturisers.
She drinks plenty and has a healthy diet. She uses a Clinique system after a consultation in Selfridges at the Trafford Centre and her skin has never been as clear or in as good a condition...apart from thes spots just at the side of her eye (on the highest part of her cheekbone).
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Oh and she won't let me near her with a sterilised needle! :eek::lol:

Hi These are called milia and are very common around the eye. The best way is too get an electrolygist to remove them with a sterile needle. Clean gently around the eye and do not rub the eyes or apply heavy skin creams to this area. HTH

not disagreeing with you on this point at all but was told they were called amellia, my daughter had one ,guess its the pronuciation and the girl probably said you a have a mellia..lol and yes she did pierce it and it went away,with no scar,I have one on the top of my eye lid but am loathe to do anything about it in such a delicate position.

so tell me hun, what exactly are they, is it sebum what???

The link I put in ha some interesting info.

I too had one on my eyelid and I did the naughty thing of removing it myself with a sterile needle. :lol: It felt so much more comfortable afterwards and didn't hurt a bit to remove.

However, if they are on the eyelid it is recommended that you see your GP for removal.

Hi These are called milia and are very common around the eye. The best way is too get an electrolygist to remove them with a sterile needle. Clean gently around the eye and do not rub the eyes or apply heavy skin creams to this area. HTH

Thanks...but as I said, she has eczema and quite badly, so she absolutely has to use heavy emolients/ointments.

They are actually called milia BBC - Health - Ask the doctor - Milia - white spots around eyes and are very common, especially with dry skins.

If they are a concern to her then an alternative to removal, you can gently massage the milia and over a period of time it will gradually disperse.

Thank you very much for the link and the advice. I'll try the massaging see if that helps. She has enough problems with her skin without feeling awkward about the milia (thanks for the right word too!:lol:) .

Latest posts

Back