Electric file burn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawte

Certified Nail Technician
Reaction score
I am taking an acrylic nail course and today we learned about sculpted nails with a form. Concern #1 It took her a really long time to apply the form to my finger nail. It took her many tries and about 5 minutes to put one on. Then while sculpting with the acrylic she was making a huge mess and it looked horrible. She blamed my body temperature and the form. Concern #2 While she was filing and shaping the atrocity which was my sculpted nail she burned my nail bed really bad. I can't even run my finger under trickling water without it hurting extremely bad. She is really nice but I am concerned about how much I could possibly learn in this course. I paid $1000 CAD for this class and I'm not sure what to do. Advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 218
I forgot to mention that the burn was caused from her smoothing the acrylic with the electric drill

This was the teacher? I'm confused. Or another student?

If this is your tutor and they can't apply forms, product or know how to use an efile safely then I would ask for your money back and find another course! Sounds drastic but if they can't do it correctly or don't know safe procedures then how can they teach them?!

To be honest i dont think a tutor should be using an efile at all let alone anywhere near the natural nail! Looks sore. Id be worried if this person was teaching me.
Take note of whats happened and if anything else seems off during the course id seek advice on reclaiming the course fees and put in a complaint

I would put in a complaint and train somewhere else! She obviously doesn't know what she's doing. I previously worked in a nail bar with colleagues who had hundreds of complaint about burning their nails and cutting their skin, which thin's your natural nail down. I personally would only use electric nail files if you are 100% confident as they're very dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys. I appreciate the feedback. You are in the same line of thinking that I am. I think I will talk to a higher up about her on Monday. Thanks again for your replies.

That's really bad she has the wrong file and the wrong drill speed, I myself done this when I first started but it was my own finger lol, I would ask for my money back and take a different course as that so called teacher has no idea.

That's really bad she has the wrong file and the wrong drill speed, I myself done this when I first started but it was my own finger lol, I would ask for my money back and take a different course as that so called teacher has no idea.
I think I might do that. I feel ripped off :(

I'd demand a refund.
I wouldn't bother complaining about her taking time to apply forms - thats annoying but everyone has their off days and it doesn't damage anything, and i'd rather anyone tae their time than 'make do'.
The rest is refund worthy though.

I'd demand a refund.
I wouldn't bother complaining about her taking time to apply forms - thats annoying but everyone has their off days and it doesn't damage anything, and i'd rather anyone tae their time than 'make do'.
The rest is refund worthy though.[/
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back