Ends just keep fading :0(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Have a friend whose colour I have been doing for a while now. She is a nat base 6 with 40% white scattered. Hair is v resistant, wiry, coarse and porous on ends.
I have been using half 6/0 and half 7/7 with 6% Koleston.
Covers white hair fine but no matter what I do ends just will not be toned down.
Have added warm water to tint in bowl and dampened ends down, have used colour fresh 6/0 but its gone after one shampoo. Ends are really brassy and look like there are old highlights coming through but she def has not highlights.
I have been using Wella but would be happy to try L'Oreal also if anyone has any ideas?
I'm just completely stuck and she is having it done in morning:Scared:
Help!

Have a friend whose colour I have been doing for a while now. She is a nat base 6 with 40% white scattered. Hair is v resistant, wiry, coarse and porous on ends.
Covers white hair fine but no matter what I do ends just will not be toned down.
Have added warm water to tint in bowl and dampened ends down, have used colour fresh 6/0 but its gone after one shampoo. Ends are really brassy and look like there are old highlights coming through but she def has not highlights.
I have been using Wella but would be happy to try L'Oreal also if anyone has any ideas?
Help!

Have you tried 66/0 with 7/7? Tell her to get rid of shampoo and conditioner if she is using supermarket and change onto one for colored or dry? What range do you stock? Do she over straighten? All these are contributing factors to fade :( good luck x

Help!

Maybe pre pig with red on the mid lengths and ends ? (The more peroxide you use the more it can fade) then use your usual on the roots and the a slightler colour fresh on the mids and ends cos you will have the tone already where you've pre pigged ?x

Maybe try using 3% on the ends and switching to a double base as suggested by bluerinse. :)

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Thanks for replies:wink2:
She uses Redken shampoo for coloured hair and uses ghd very little.
Might try the nat intense 66/0 and see if it helps, can anyone tell me if it comes out darker than nat base 6/0? Don't fancy prepig, gonna have a look through some Wella notes to see. I think there is a koleston rinse for faded ends using 9% and warm water?? Does n't make much sense the 9% but will have a look and see. Thanks guys x

Thanks for replies:wink2:
She uses Redken shampoo for coloured hair and uses ghd very little.
Might try the nat intense 66/0 and see if it helps, can anyone tell me if it comes out darker than nat base 6/0? Don't fancy prepig, gonna have a look through some Wella notes to see. I think there is a koleston rinse for faded ends using 9% and warm water?? Does n't make much sense the 9% but will have a look and see. Thanks guys x

Comes out slightly darker, you ever used perfecton? That's a colour rinse. I didn't think 3% worked overly well with wella? Something to do with it alternating the tone or something? Which is why they don't make a 3%

Latest posts

Back