EOS Tantrick Tan Didn't Take!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Massively Geeky
Reaction score
Hi

I'm baffled by a client who a I sprayed last night for the first time. Here's what happened, I will try to keep it short....

Filled in the consultation form, no moisturiser had been applied that day, she had not exfoliated the day before either! she was fairly pale skinned and said she does not tan at all naturally, doesn't burn, doesn't go brown doesn't change at all in natural sun light!!!!!!!! I'ver not come accross this before :irked:

She has had a St Tropez Tan in the past (rub on) she didn't like it at all said it was streaky, and too dark. She kept saying she didn't want to be orange, I assured her she would not be orange and that I'm very confident with my products, that I've been tanning for over 2 years now without a complaint which is the truth....anyhow I decided to tan her with EOS as she didn't want tan coming off on her sheets. I'm so confident with Tantrick products so told her if she wasn't happy with the result I would either respray her or give her her money back.

I received a message today saying she looks no different and the tan had not taken on her. Im waiting to see her for myself and think I will offer her an 8% Tan (she will just have to suffer it coming off on her sheets) or money back. What do you think?

Has anybody experienced this where it has not taken at all.

Would really appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Pauline xxxx

Hi there

sometimes with the EOS it takes 24 hours to show. I am a slow developer, my hubby on the other hand tans immediately.

If her colour doesn't start showing, pm Collin. I'm sure he will have the answer.

Hi there

sometimes with the EOS it takes 24 hours to show. I am a slow developer, my hubby on the other hand tans immediately.

If her colour doesn't start showing, pm Collin. I'm sure he will have the answer.

I think what one of the probs some clients have with the EOS is that with it hardly any colour guide, the client doesn't get that 'tanned' look straight away, so they don't 'feel' like they have had a tan. As with the normal solution they look tanned straight away as they can see the colour guide.

I would suggest you see her, maybe ask to see her 'white bits' (where her pants or bra has been) to see if she has actually changed colour.

I have never herd of it not taking... but as already mentioned, with some people it takes the full 24hrs for the tan to develop.

HTH

xx

i have been mixing EOS with my other solutions. comes out great!! plus you get a bit of guide colour, and a bit of a yummy smell, and a bit of the quick drying properties. :green:

i have been mixing EOS with my other solutions. comes out great!! plus you get a bit of guide colour, and a bit of a yummy smell, and a bit of the quick drying properties. :green:

Katelisa you really are playing with fire by mixing liquids...EOS is water based and may not mix with the traditional oil based liquids completly...try not to mix if you can...for a darker tan use our other tanning liquids..for a fresh tan that's natural use the EOS.

You really will get the hang of the lesser initial colour guide..especially with the reduced mess you have to clean up as well after a full day's spraying.:)

Also be patient...given the excellent results on customer feedback I am bringing forward our "Autum Gold " which will be around 10% and have a little more initial colourant (just to help you short sighted guy's out :hug:)

For your refrence EOS I have formulated this and dedicated it to the classic English Rose look (so well done you georgouse English Scottish and Welsh ladies) so please dont expect to turn out Jamacian Diva's.

The Autum Gold (being a darker brown tan) I have formulated and dedicated to my Georgouse wife (bless her) who when on holiday turns the most goergouse dark brown tone.

Until then please try not to mix EOS with other liquids...it really is playing with fire :hug:

On the posted problem...With the very small amount of initial colourant and I suspect a customer who realy does not know fully what to expect from a spraytan I would give it a little more time for the tan to develope...which we all do at different rates...my wife (bless her) takes 48hrs whereas i only have to open the bottle and I am tanned.

So be patient,trust in our liquid,yourself and that the customer will be highly delighted once the tan has fully developed.
Please do keep us posted on the outcome.

Thanks for the replys, I have a feeling she would have had a shower this morning so only left the solution on for around 10 - 11 hrs. !!!!! I'm still waiting to see her.

Just to clarify, when you say EOS can take 24 - 48 hrs to develope I understand everybody is different but are you saying they shouldn't shower until they can see they have developed? Only I'm pretty sure most people will want to shower within 24 hrs.

x

the tan will still continue to develop after the colour guide has been washed off xx

i must be lucky, ive been tannig myself every friday for the last however long mixing the liquids lol.

u watch now, next one will come out green!! :green:

Thanks for the replys, I have a feeling she would have had a shower this morning so only left the solution on for around 10 - 11 hrs. !!!!! I'm still waiting to see her.

Just to clarify, when you say EOS can take 24 - 48 hrs to develope I understand everybody is different but are you saying they shouldn't shower until they can see they have developed? Only I'm pretty sure most people will want to shower within 24 hrs.

x
Hi Pauline,

I am the slow one - well at least when it comes to tanning :lol: I personally love the EOS and would use it with confidence on anyone but as with all tans the development depends on the person and with me it really does take up to 24 hours.
However the shower is independent of that - we recommend to leave the tan on for at least 6 hours before you shower but the tan will continue to develop after that as the active ingredients would have been absorbed in the skin by then.

If its your clients first time to tan and she has even confirmed to you that her skin does not react at all in the sunlight then maybe she might be one of the rare cases that does not tan at all. Unbelievably there is about one in 1000 people that simply will not tan at all.

When you use products with a lot of colouring she might look tanned at the beginning and maybe that is what is disturbing her now? I think Gemmas advice is great as you will be able to see the results on the "bra line" etc when she comes back in. Depending on the result you can give her a respray then....

Even though this might not be the outcome you had hoped for with your first time EOS but it was better to maybe spray too thin than overspray and due to the excellent tanning agents in EOS combined with skin penetrating ingredients we actually have customers that can manage an unbelievably low amount of 25ml per full body tan!!! Even if you consider a bit of residue left in bottles and gun when washing out that would almost give you 40 tans per litre of solution - what a fantastic income potential!!!!!!

Hope all goes well but let us know if there is any problems, you can always pm us and we will try to help however we can.....:hug:

i must be lucky, ive been tannig myself every friday for the last however long mixing the liquids lol.

u watch now, next one will come out green!! :green:

mmmmmm be carefull Katelisa don't want to be going turning yourself into the "Jolly Green Giant" now do we :lol::lol::lol:

Just seen the results of the eos spray in a prom line up that i did yesterday afternoon and it was absolutely beautiful her skin looked radiant and everyone was saying ooh youve caught the sun not even realising it was fake.
I had held back using the eos on clients because i had read reports of patchiness and difficulties because it has little guide colour but i have been doing my own arms and legs and anyone else that moves and doesnt mind and with practice its just great.Love it.Its long lasting too.

Pauline, I had the exact same thing last friday!! not with EOS though but with Sienna 8.5%, she never tanned, never burned etc etc but next day got a call to say it hadn't developed at all?? :eek:

well, she was going out that night for her birthday so i went to see her and give her another spray. She had no knicker line at all but her face looked fairly tanned :eek: I sprayed her again using a darker solution and told her to leave it as long as possible, would have been about 6 hours i reckon? I quizzed her about what she'd done, had she moisturised? no, did she use an oily exfoliator? no, she used sea salt scrub which she didnt think was oily? couldn't get to the bottom of it but asked her to let me know how the second tan turned out...

Didnt hear a ****ie bird so I text her next morning asking how the tan was? didnt hear for two days and was beginning to think she must have either not taken or she hated it but then she replied saying it was great thank you..dont know if she was just saying that? suppose i'll see if she books again...

It's a mystery!! :rolleyes:

I havent heard back fom this lady but will contact her tomorrow and ask her to come in on Monday so I can check her out so to speak and if she's gonna develop I guess she would have by then as it will be 72 hrs, I can't wait to find out.

Had another lady back today who I tanned with EOS on Tuesday and she looked gorgeous, really natural and sunkissed. She was really pleased with it so was I.

Think I might do a tenna a tan offer on EOS, Seeing as were using much less solution, might be a good way to convert people.:idea:

Thanks again peeps will let you know if she develops.

x

Had another lady back today who I tanned with EOS on Tuesday and she looked gorgeous, really natural and sunkissed. She was really pleased with it so was I.

Think I might do a tenna a tan offer on EOS, Seeing as were using much less solution, might be a good way to convert people.:idea:
x

It's that English radiant rose look :hug:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't undersell the most georgouse look you can create ...charge for what it is truly worth..it will pay dividends in the longer term :hug:

Last edited:
Hi Sherrie
Thought you were gonna say she was tangoed, lol, hope she books again hun x

maybe she was but she didnt say! lol :eek: :green:

It's that English radiant rose look :hug:
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't undersell the most georgouse look you can create ...charge for what it is truly worth..it will pay dividends in the longer term :hug:
Hi Colin
I know what you're saying and agree we shouldn't undersell it but I still find so many people are scared of having a spray tan in case they get the "tango" look which seems to be so well known .....

Every woman loves a bargain and hopefully they will get hooked on EOS and come back again and again to become beautiful English Roses, I love that!

When will your darker 10% solution be available? I can't wait. I'm out of 10% at the mo and need to order but would rather your new solution so please hurry.

:hug:

Pauline, I think that sometimes a low price can be off-putting to clients too... I'd question why it was so cheap and maybe that it wasnt a very good product/service or it would be more expensive! charge what you are worth girl! :green: do a flyer and offer a promotion but not a tenner for a tan, that is not worth your while by the time you have taken out the cost of the solution you're hardly making any profit... why not do something like, introduce a friend and save X amount off your next tan, that way you get the full price new customer who will then try to introduce a friend to get their discount.. JMO :hug: I charge 20 mobile and I dont think that is enough but I am busy doing it so I will live with it lol

Just seen the results of the eos spray in a prom line up that i did yesterday afternoon and it was absolutely beautiful her skin looked radiant and everyone was saying ooh youve caught the sun not even realising it was fake.
I had held back using the eos on clients because i had read reports of patchiness and difficulties because it has little guide colour but i have been doing my own arms and legs and anyone else that moves and doesnt mind and with practice its just great.Love it.Its long lasting too.

Hi Gill,
ever so pleased you have kept on trying and that your efforts have proven to be well worth while with some happy customers now.

EOS application does take a bit of getting used to and just goes to show we are never to old to learn something new.

The reason this tan lasts so long is that ,in addition to the added penetrating formulation the reduced level of initial colourant allows the DHA to penetrate the skin far better than with a product which is heavily fortified.

It is through this that the tan (once you get to trust the liquid and apply like any other tan) should be more even across the skin and that the fade off should be a lot slower and much mor even.
Keep on practicing...the end results should be well worth it for you as well as your customers :hug:

Hi Colin
I know what you're saying and agree we shouldn't undersell it but I still find so many people are scared of having a spray tan in case they get the "tango" look which seems to be so well known .....

Every woman loves a bargain and hopefully they will get hooked on EOS and come back again and again to become beautiful English Roses, I love that!

When will your darker 10% solution be available? I can't wait. I'm out of 10% at the mo and need to order but would rather your new solution so please hurry.

:hug:

Hi pauline,
I hear what you say about a bargain but why undersell a premium product just because you can use less ..in times when it is difficult to make a good profit when you can why not take the opertunity when you can ...it's far easier to drop your prices if you dont get the throughput than it is to increase your prices if your customers are queing up for this tan.
maybe as a compromise why not offer this as a new spraytan thats georgouse to your customers..perhaps spray yourself or your staff so your customers can see the tan and maybe offer a "special" intro price of say £10 for their first tan ..then revert to your normal tarriff.

This way you get to enjoy the benifits of a far better GP on each spray because you use less....if this works then you can buy me a beer one day

Keep on tanning and spreading the :Love:

Latest posts

Back