EOS Tantrick Tan Didn't Take!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi pauline,
I hear what you say about a bargain but why undersell a premium product just because you can use less ..in times when it is difficult to make a good profit when you can why not take the opertunity when you can ...it's far easier to drop your prices if you dont get the throughput than it is to increase your prices if your customers are queing up for this tan.
maybe as a compromise why not offer this as a new spraytan thats georgouse to your customers..perhaps spray yourself or your staff so your customers can see the tan and maybe offer a "special" intro price of say £10 for their first tan ..then revert to your normal tarriff.

This way you get to enjoy the benifits of a far better GP on each spray because you use less....if this works then you can buy me a beer one day

Keep on tanning and spreading the :Love:

Hi Colin

I will do as you suggested and offer EOS at £10 as an introductory offer and see how it goes.

As for my client who apparently didn't take ! the story has changed I have had her on the phone this morning saying it has developed and is orange on her hands and streaky and patchy on her legs!!!! :cry: I'm seeing her tonight so will see for myself.

I'm feeling disheartened at the mo and really questioning my application. I feel confident with the oil based solutions as I have my guide there and as I said previously have never ever had any streaking or patching.

I have my two sisterinlaws coming this evening for a spray, going to try EOS again and hope it comes out ok. Wish me luck.

:hug:

Hi Colin

I will do as you suggested and offer EOS at £10 as an introductory offer and see how it goes.

As for my client who apparently didn't take ! the story has changed I have had her on the phone this morning saying it has developed and is orange on her hands and streaky and patchy on her legs!!!! :cry: I'm seeing her tonight so will see for myself.

I'm feeling disheartened at the mo and really questioning my application. I feel confident with the oil based solutions as I have my guide there and as I said previously have never ever had any streaking or patching.

I have my two sisterinlaws coming this evening for a spray, going to try EOS again and hope it comes out ok. Wish me luck.

Make sure you over lap your sprays.

Try spraying from the top-bottom, release then go back to the top-bottom again. Just some times if you are working continuously top-bottom-top-bottom you miss bits out.

HTH

Good luck!

xx

Hi Colin

oh dear..it really does seem that this customer is not helping your self asteem..dont let her get you down..you mentioned you had sprayed someone else with EOS and she turned out fab.
Its not the fact that EOS is waterbased that means it has little colour guide..its just our prefrence on this to put minimal colour guide in..there really is enough in for you to see where you have sprayed.

On your customers hands problem...well I can only guess that she was touching herself (OMG that sounds terrible)probably in her sleep..thats why her hands are covered with excess DHA.
Realy do get her in for a look for yourself....if her legs are patchy there could be many reasons why..see foryourself
Good luck and keep practising as it will be worthwhile in the end:hug:

Pauline, Ive been there too!! She went patchy on her hands but with 10%, put see this thread

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/68710-help-whats-gone-wrong-tan.html

I put it down to her touching herself in her sleep too... she still wanted to book again so don't let it get you down! I know how you feel though, I hate people not being 100% happy :irked: just think of all the happy clients you have and put it down to experience.. once they leave you with their tan who knows what they get up to?? :eek:

Well I've seen my lady now and she looks very white, you would not think she had been sprayed 4 nights ago. The tan took under her boobs but didn't look a very nice colour almost had a green tinge I'd say. She had a tiny bit on her neck which looked a lil patchy and a couple of brownish streaks down her very pale legs and that was it. Her hands did not look orange at all so I'm not quite sure where she got that from.
When I was double checking if she'd moisturised, on any medication etc she advised me she is on 10ml of Citaprolam (mild antidepressant) but surely this would not have anything to do with it..... would it?

Anyway she was fine about it and is going to try 5% Tantrick tan next week and we will see how that goes.

x

Oh and I advised her to have her 5% tan done in the morning so she doesn't touch herself (in her sleep) lol.
x

Do you mean Citalopram?

Given the link below....yes I would suspect this can have a drastic effect on a topically applied solution of any kind. It cites excessive sweating as a side effect, and from what i know of them, the active ingredients seem to be hormone triggers....something else that can 'unbalance' the natural conditions of the skin.

Cipramil (citalopram)

Do you mean Citalopram?

Given the link below....yes I would suspect this can have a drastic effect on a topically applied solution of any kind. It cites excessive sweating as a side effect, and from what i know of them, the active ingredients seem to be hormone triggers....something else that can 'unbalance' the natural conditions of the skin.

Cipramil (citalopram)

Given that all the other customers you sprayed with EOS have reported fab tans......I do have to say I also feel this is the possible cause of this customers problem so don't you go getting your confidence knocked now..you have been truly professional about the whole thing and had the lady back and gone through everything in a proper manner.

If you are going to give her another tan I would probably recomend you leave doing so for a few more day/s giving time for the first tan to clear away.
if /when you do her and to help her from the urge to go all touchy touchy with herself in her sleep lend her a pair of boxing gloves as this should help her solve this problem:)

if /when you do her and to help her from the urge to go all touchy touchy with herself in her sleep lend her a pair of boxing gloves as this should help her solve this problem:)

PMSL.

My confidence is coming back now, didn't have any serious probs with my sister-in-laws reports, gonna check them out on tomorrow :wink2:

Will update you after her next spray........ thanks again for all your comments peeps.

Do you mean Citalopram?

Cipramil (citalopram)

Thanks will have a chat about this (subtally) when she comes back:)

Night sweats .. .I dont think i would have thought of this as something to be aware of until the tan went wrong and i have someone coming who has them really bad at the mo, i shall get her to have her tan during the day.
Very helpful thanks Lindsay.

Hi

I have tried to attach some pictures of the tan on one of my sisterlaws for you to see, I hope they have attached!!!! (Im not very good with computers lol) I haven't seen her yet, I tanned her on Monday night, she didn't wash off till Tuesday night and sent me these pics taken yesterday. What do you think?

The tan looks a bit patchy to me, your coments would be appreciated.

Thanks

x

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 42
  • GetAttachment[2].jpg
    GetAttachment[2].jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF7214.JPG
    DSCF7214.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 42
Opps missed this one out!

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi

I have tried to attach some pictures of the tan on one of my sisterlaws for you to see, I hope they have attached!!!! (Im not very good with computers lol) I haven't seen her yet, I tanned her on Monday night, she didn't wash off till Tuesday night and sent me these pics taken yesterday. What do you think?

The tan looks a bit patchy to me, your coments would be appreciated.

Thanks

x

Its hard to fully see on the pictures but it looks like the tan has been applied a bit unevenly. You can see the gorgous natural colour but also that you have missed certain areas. As with all the other tans it is quite important to fully concentrate and make sure that you cover the whole body evenly. Whilst EOS has got less guide colour it is still possible to see where you have sprayed and as with all our other tans we always recommend to check after you have sprayed and just ensure that the whole body has been sprayed.

The pictures show though the your sisters in law react nicely to the tan and develop a very natural looking colour - so its just getting it even now and then its perfect :) You are almost there, so dont give up :hug:

I think Britta is right, I looks like its just been sprayed uneven. (you can see the bits thats been misses)

I have attached some pic's of what i done when EOS 1st come out

(the line that you can see is a shadow, the tan is actually even)

I am always more careful when doing EOS.

But like any solution, always make sure you over lap your sprays!

HTH

Attachments

• f_tan001m_bde236b.jpg
    f_tan001m_bde236b.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 30
  • f_tan002m_f55fe73.jpg
    f_tan002m_f55fe73.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back