Essential Nails Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Geeks, I am a Nail Geek virgin:o so Hi from me.
I am looking for some advice if poss, I have just finished an Essential Nail course for Acrylic Tips and Overlay and passed with an A Credit.The problem is I thought that this was reconised by the industry as a qualification but now I am not so sure:eek:

I plan to set up a mobile buisness and work from home so any advice would be greatly appreciated:idea:

New Nail Geek

Karen xx

Hiya karen,

Sorry not so sure, i had that problem with my course too, but it turned out to be fine, here in ireland anyway. Welcome anyway, im sure someone here will be able to help you!

hi karen
you can get insurance from professional beauty they recognise the home learn courses.
i would recommend doing the maintenance course because once you have put your first set of enhancements on then you will be doing more maintenance.
one thing i would recommend is because you have done a home learn course is you dont have anything to compare your self with because you havent seen nail enhancements being done in the flesh, so to speek so i would recommend some hands on classroom tuition.
maybe in the near future because you would have spent alot of money doing your home learn so with the money you start making...i would recommend ploughing it back into "classroom" training.
another thing once you start your business from home/moblie the temptation is to spend far too much money on products that are cheap and cheerful instead of onvesting in good quality product.
do a search on here on business or home salons and you will get plenty of info on setting up
hth and good luck for your chosen career....and a fab one at that

Hi I did the same course and proffesional beauty insure me. I reccomend doing the maintenance course as well but on the whole the acrylics course was good. Ive been doing mobile for 3 years now and with very few problems. It is a good Idea though to try and see other techs working so get along to the shows or pop into a salon and ask if you can watch. I did find that some clients were a little put off by the homestudy aspect and some people ask if I am a 'proper' nail tech. Just be ready to assure them that your training was very in depth and your work was overseen albeit froma distance. You ARE a proper tech so be proud of your training, you worked hard for it.

Hi Girls thanks for the advice. I plan to do the maintanance course very soon.
One problem I do have is where I live there are no other Technicians for about 40 miles and that goes for any "classroom" training. Havind 3 girls at home makes traveling is a bit of a pain you know what I mean!!!

Absolutley, I have 3 boys, hence the homestudy course. Just stick at it and dont be afraid to ask cheeky questions. Good luck hun:wink2:

Hello there, i bought the homelearn course last year but never finished it. So well done to you for passing. I thought it was much too hard for me without someone assisting me. Where about in aberdeenshire do you live?

Thanks nice to speak to someone who`s "been there done that" At least I now know where to go for a bit of advice.

I live in a little village in Deeside called Ballater.

Welcome to the site hun. xx

I live in Aberdeen, not that far from you.x

zoeCU said:
Hello there, i bought the homelearn course last year but never finished it. So well done to you for passing. I thought it was much too hard for me without someone assisting me.

Hi i am also a nail geek virgin and had joined the site to ask the same question about the essential nail course as i had heard that you cant get insurance but now i know its not true i just need to get it back out again as its been in the cupboard 6months as i was feeling the same as you Zoe. :rolleyes:

No not that far small world!.Do you work in a salon? Is there many places that do training near you?

Thanx for the welcome its great to chat about nail things saves boring my hubby and kids at least someone knows what i am talking about lol

Do finish the course I now it can be a pain but if you just do an hour a day it wont take long. One thing I would say is use the phone service if there is anything you need to know as they are a great help.
Good luck

Yes there is a creative nail academy in aberdeen. Thats where i trained. I thought it was brill. Welcome to the site(forgot your name) and get that nail trainer out the cupboard again. It will be worth it!xx:biggrin:

I am going to keep up with it this time as i have wanted to be a nail technician for a while now. :green:

Thanx its nice to know that the option for training is there. Its just a bit of a long drive from here about 1 hour depending on the traffic:rolleyes:
This site is brill :cool: I will be on alot more now I have found it:p Nearly forgot my name is Karen

Latest posts

Back