Eve Taylor skin reaction!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

You have all been massively helpful on my skincare range decision and decided to try Eve Taylor products however...

My skin reacted!!!

I used the soothing cream and felt like my face was on fire! Very odd for a supposedly soothing product. I have since read on here that a couple of other people have reacted to this cream too, any idea's why or what may be causing it? Have never known a reaction to something thats meant to soothe skin before.

Any advice would be great as would love to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks muchly!
xxx

Which essential oils, if any, are in it?
Perhaps you could post up a list of the ingredients, please.

Hi!

Oils in soothing moisture cream:

Sweet Almond, Chamomile, Lavender, Comfrey, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Sandalwood, Avocado, Weatgerm

xxx

I too was researching which skincare brand to go with. I received my eve taylor samples and LOVED the smell, I was so sure I was going to choose this brand and then I also got a reaction, though I didnt feel on fire my cheeks just went bright pink. My mum who also tried the products said her lips started tingling and it wasnt a nice feeling.

I loved the product smells so much that I still want to go with eve taylor but will need to get more information on why this is happening. So may people on here use it in their range, has anyones clients ever had a reaction?

Out of interest can you tell me what skincare you've been using prior to trying those

Hi Matthew,

Currently using Dermalogica products. Would take them on as my skincare range but wont supply me as apparently mobile therapists are unprofessional!

Anyone else have any ideas or experiences with this?

I use & sell Eve Taylor, I often use Soothing cleanser in Facials and sell plenty of the Soothing Cleanser - I have not experienced any problems at all. Don't let it put you off, try Balancing or Ultra Soothing and see how you get on :)

It was actually the soothing moisturiser cream I reacted to and have read a few other reports of reactions to the same product. Just seems odd for something that's meant to calm skin!

Theres nothing in the Soothing cream thats nasty or likely to cause a bad reaction - ie cheap and nasty products.

It could be an acid mantle reaction!

Sometimes when people use new products it can temporarily alter the skins pH - esp if using products that are not acid balanced.
The skin throws a bit of a wobbler as it adjusts to a correct pH and can resonate in the form of burning and sometimes severe dehydration.
If its used a couple more times the skin usually settles down and is fine.

If it was an allergic reaction then youd certainly know about it - youd have the typical signs - severe redness, lumps bumps, hives and the sort.

Thats as a generalisation.

If youve been using Dermalogica then it may not be the case as such as Derm is acid balanced.
So all I can suggest is using it a couple more times and see if it improves. If youre put off by it then maybe its just one of those things and you skin just doesnt like it.

Have requested more samples today so hopefully will see what everyones raving about soon!

I'm assuming if you're trying the soothing cream you have a history of sensitive or reactive skin? If that is the case you may have an impaired barrier function. Have you maybe been using barrier repair in the dermalogica range? An advantage of this product for reactive skins is that it helps slow the penetration of products you put on top. If the skins barrier is poor then active ingredients can penetrate too quickly and give a burning feeling.

I don't have all the Eve Taylor products but there may be a silicone based product in the ET range which might be worth trying instead of or before the soothing cream.

I would also suggest trying the facial oil No 2 which is great for delicate and couperose skins.

hope that gives you some ideas to go on :)

Air x

There does seem to be a lot of oils used in the one product, I never use more than four oils.

Latest posts

Back