Extension Confusion Balmain?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatDovan1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m currently completing a VTCT course in nail extensions and hope to be self employed within a few months working part-time (as i currently have a full-time job). I am also interested in doing a course in hair extensions and would really like to do Balmain training.

My problem is that there are so many places that do hair extension courses but only for people that have hairdressing qualifications (which i have none!). I have contacted many companies e.g. Capital, Racoon and other less recognised and have narrowed it down to either KM Hair Extensions, connect-2-hair or a Balmain course.

But who to trust? – As the training is very expensive i want to get it right first time. I have read a few posts on here that say you don’t get taught much on cutting, so would i need to do a cutting course as well (more money!)

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some guidance – In live in Lancashire so if anyone knows of any local courses that would be brill.

Thanks, Kat :confused:

To be honest with you you need to know alot about hair to do extensions not just how to cut them thats why most company's wont train you unless you are qaulified hun x

Balmain need you to be at least NVQ Level 2 cutting standard if you don't have the full NVQ. Connect-2-hair are very difficult to get insurance with. I think you would have to go with KM out of those three.

To be insured to provide hair extensions you have to have completed a recognised course by habia or the such like.Believe me you NEED to be insured and know and understand the contra-indications.
If your serious about it then why not try a part-time hair course and you will learn all the basics of cutting in NVQ2 and then progress onto the extensions.
I know alot of people are not NVQ trained and are very competant extensionists but please do not take what we do lightly .
Sorry to rant!:rolleyes:

Thank you all for your advice. I will look into it further before i make any decisions. :)

Latest posts

Back