Extensions, for my wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
I'm wanting Extentions for my wedding in July, my hairs just about at my shoulders. I've been colouring it for years so it's thining slightly.
But I'm wanting weave Extentions to add length and bulk..but what is the best kind for this that wont matt!!!!!! ????? ❤

It really depends how long you want them in for! Some people just want them in for the day itself so will go for clip-ins or taped extensions.

Weaved extensions don't matt, but pre-bonded and micro loops shouldn't either if they're looked after properly, they'll also be a lot easier to style into an 'up do' if that's what you're going for!

I want them before the wedding during and after really. So that when I have my hair trail there there.. I've never had them before (only bought my first pair of clip ins this year) x

I would have Pre-bond if you have a weave you will be stuck with ways to up the hair up x

Hi there

If your hair is thining I would not have a weave Put in, in my opinion and from my own experience weaves are not good for anyone with thin hair, micro rings or pre bonded are the best for your hair type, a weave will put too much pressure on your hair and may cause it to snap and or break.

I do hair extensions and have had a weave out in many years ago before I really knew better and my hair was not in a good state after, but that's just my personal opinion of course.

Have a great wedding day

X

Oh really? I've always said i wud swear off the glue ones which I am assuming is pre-bonded ones? Bcoz I've heard there bad for ur hair?

I heard there is a way of having them sewn so that ur hair can still grow?
Bcoz I don't know Much about them I never considered micro rings but wud they not slip out easyer ?

Thanks x

Microloops ur hair is looped through the middle of the extension and ring then the ring is clamped, easy to remove providing you dont melt the bond between the extension and ring so best to use a med heat when drying your roots . I do balmain glue and microloop and prefer the microloop as its not glued in and easier to remove with less damage

Both glue and microloop wil come out in time, but moreso when attached to too small a section of natural hair

If you aren't wanting them in for a length of time to go beyond your wedding day/honeymoon then perhaps a micro-weft would be suitable?

i am still quite newly trained but my tutor trained me in mocro weft as it is good for occasional wear - more permanent than clip ins etc but less of a commitment than micro rings or pre-bond.

It would need to be fitted about a week before your trial though to allow optimum movement after fitting?

As I say, I am new to extensions still and am only going off my training, not years of experience ( don't want to get shot down if I am slightly wrong lol ) xxx

( congratulations on your wedding also xx )

congrats on the wedding!!
it would depend on what you want your hair like for the wedding what type of extension would be best........if your hair will be down then you could probably go for a weft of some description but if your hair is going to be up then a strand by strand method will be better. also it will depend on how much your hair is thinning, you dont want to put unessential strain on your natural hair and potentially cause more damage if there isnt enough hair to hold the bond/weave? also the micro rings arent always suitable if your hair is fine as they can be difficult to conceal. i realise this post doesnt actually help, but its something else to think about :)

I dont do extensions but have extensions in my hair, iv had micro-ring and wouldnt have it again due to the fact the rings are really noticeable. I now have pre-bonded and love how little you can see them xx

Sent from my X10i

The rings shouldn't be noticeable Annie - the only way they would be is if they are placed incorrectly or the wrong colour. I tend to still use a couple of prebond when doing micro rings so that i can get really teeny bonds at the sides also xx

I love how everyone is so nice and friendly on salon geek ❤..
I havnt been told I'm thining it's mostly my paranoia! My plan for my wedding hair is up and sort of messy..I'm not into sleek up do's on me! Plus my theme is Alice in Wonderland-mad hatters Tea party. And I'm planing for my hair to be blonde/pale lilac.
I take every bit of advice on board but now I'm more confused as wot to do..there is t really any1 good in my area tht I've heard of 👎 xx

Oooh your wedding theme sounds amazing - Please, please don't forget to show us your pics afterwards xxx

You can have a European style weave or tape extensions. These would last about a month so covers the honeymoon too. You can work with your Extensionist to place them so they work with your wedding updo. Where are you based?

I live in Dumfries in Scotland.. Yeah I can't wait I'm getting very excited!!
Eeeek!

Thanks guys, I will let uz know my out come, I'm starting to dream about them now it's getting that bad ha! Xx

I love how everyone is so nice and friendly on salon geek ❤..
I havnt been told I'm thining it's mostly my paranoia! My plan for my wedding hair is up and sort of messy..I'm not into sleek up do's on me! Plus my theme is Alice in Wonderland-mad hatters Tea party. And I'm planing for my hair to be blonde/pale lilac.
I take every bit of advice on board but now I'm more confused as wot to do..there is t really any1 good in my area tht I've heard of �� xx

Hiya Nicky_Loves, the theme for your wedding sounds great, may i suggest having a look at Balmain Hair Extenions, they have a great hair up collection great for weddings etc. you can create so many different stlyes using their hair pieces. If you wanted extenions for some length/volume i would steer away from having wefts sewn in as this is very strenuous on the scalp and causes the hair to break. Try out the pre bonded exts or balmain's double hair which is a weft which can be bonded in or put in using the micro rings. Hope this helps x

Hi.

For your wedding you want them perfect so make sure you go to a salon that does a lot of extensions. The only one I can remember up in scotland is JR's in Glasgow. I trained with some of their guys once and they were really switched on.

have you ever thought about a instant wave hair piece or a pony hair piece it should last for the time you want it. that way you wont ahve the worry which type of extensions to decide on, just another idea for you to think on. have a fantastic wedding xx

Latest posts

Back