Extensions for super fine hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinaLou84

Reaction score
Hey lovely people!

I have a client with short super super fine hair- she's not keen on tape hair and I'm worried nanos might slip.

Can anyone recommend a good technique to use? I was thinking tiny tips with copper tubes!

Help! Xxxx

I'd say tapes are pretty much the only option. You can buy one sided tapes and just use one piece of tape weft per section if she worried about the weight. I find it's too hard to attach enough extension hair to get a nice result with any other method. If she doesn't want to go too much longer then maybe tiny bonds, like cut them in half but I'd stay well away from micro rings/tubes regardless of how tiny they are. You need to pull too much of the natural hair through the micro tubes and end up with only a minimal amount of hair fitted. Hth.

That's what I'm worried about and she's adamant she doesn't want tapes! Single sided could be a really good option though- do you know where I could source those? Thanks so much for your help xxx

That's what I'm worried about and she's adamant she doesn't want tapes! Single sided could be a really good option though- do you know where I could source those? Thanks so much for your help xxx
Walkers tape do single sided tabs. I'm not sure where the cheapest are, maybe eBay or amazon? I'd go in depth with her as to why she doesn't want them? Has she had them before? Heard bad things? I do mostly tape hair and weaves now and all my clients that have mega fine hair have swapped to tape and never gone back to tiny tips! A few were very worried but I just talk them through it all. You could offer to fit one and she can see how it fees? You can also cut them in half so they're not a full 3cm but warm her they do twist around more. Xx

Hi
I'd say tapes are pretty much the only option. You can buy one sided tapes and just use one piece of tape weft per section if she worried about the weight. I find it's too hard to attach enough extension hair to get a nice result with any other method. If she doesn't want to go too much longer then maybe tiny bonds, like cut them in half but I'd stay well away from micro rings/tubes regardless of how tiny they are. You need to pull too much of the natural hair through the micro tubes and end up with only a minimal amount of hair fitted. Hth.

Hiya, would you say 0.5g bonds are fine to use with very thin hair as well? Or even 0.7g?

xx

Hi

Hiya, would you say 0.5g bonds are fine to use with very thin hair as well? Or even 0.7g?

xx
It totally depends on the individual tbh. It's impossible to say either one without assessing the client. Whatever weight strands, the bonds need to be super neat and as small as possible. Micro binds really. Tapes are just much better imo. Xx

Keratin bonds are best suited for thinner hair.
Customise the bonds to suit the client.

Hey lovely people!

I have a client with short super super fine hair- she's not keen on tape hair and I'm worried nanos might slip.

Can anyone recommend a good technique to use? I was thinking tiny tips with copper tubes!

Help! Xxxx

I have a few clients with super fine hair and over the years i have found very small hot/cold fusion bonds work well. because you're working with loose hair, you can customise the size of each bond around the head. So for example, the sides can be finer than the back of the head so you would create super tiny bonds almost to mimic the actual hair thats there.

I second keratin bonds. With bulk hair you can use as little hair as you need for one bond. Also use less bonding so you have a small neat bond, I do it this way when putting extensions in a fringe ! X

Thanks, Tapes seem to be a good option for thin hair, I'm not trained in this yet.
bonds i usually cut the tip down for finer hair as the keratin is quite thick and long.
I had one client about 6 months ago that wanted bonds but after the consultation I didnt go ahead with the fitting because she had quite large bald patches caused by the medication she was taking and her scalp looked inflamed in some places.

It's a shame. xx

Glue your own bonds then u can get them as tiny as u like x

Hi different subject but just looking for opinions I've got a client who's had a weave fitted 3 week ago by me I used Indian hair which I've used for over 12 month no complaint she's sent me a image saying they are really dry , looks like Tiney White bulbs on the ends of hair in confused there not dry anywhere else just these white bulbs at ends ?? I've never come access this ??

Sounds like it's singed? U may need to get her in for a trim and then suggest heat protecter spray before using straighteners? Just a guess!

Hi :)

I have super super fine hair which grows very quick so I have extensions to thicken it up a bit. Ive always had either nanos or Mini locks. Ive never really had issues unless I left it too long between maintenance. I find that some do slip and pull out but all depends on how heavy handed im being with my hair. I suppose its hit and miss really with how you fit them etc but my hairs absolutely fine as long as I keep up with the maintenance.

Hey lovely people!

Help! Xxxx

I would also like to know I have fitted micro rings to a client only 50 for thickness in certain areas, and less than a week most have come out I’m not sure we’re to go from here ?

Try a Weave, we fit and supply lots of clients with fine hair, and they notice their hair growing faster and thicker whilst wearing our weaves. If done correctly they give brilliant results :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1513191977.136428.jpg

I would try weaves also if they dont want tape find out why and assure them they are fine for fine hair

Last edited:
Yeah Keratin bonds are best suited for thinner hair.

I do nano rings on thin hair / fine hair and never had any issues. Always do the first maintenance at 4 weeks to check there hair is ok- no pulling etc

Latest posts

Back