Extensions: from bonded Great Lengths to clip-in weft

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evangelinegrace

Reaction score
Hello,

I apologise if this has been posted before. The only ones I have found are for pre bonded and lower-end wefts/clip ins.

For the last year I have had bonded Great Lengths hair extensions which are amazing. However, I have been trying to improve my fitness so a while ago I embarked on an exercise campaign and I'm finding I need to give my scalp/hair a rinse after I exercise every day otherwise my scalp itches. This means that I'm having to restyle the extensions after they get wet most days. This takes a fairly long time and isn't doing the extensions any favours... So I am looking into getting clip-ins.

I don't mind sewing clips in myself onto a weft. I would go to a professional but nobody in my area supplies good quality clip-ins :( I am looking for high-quality Indian (or "Euro") Remy that is double drawn. I my budget is about £300/400... I am willing to pay for the quality but I also want good-value hair. Ideal length about 20" (although I am aware some suppliers only do 18" and 22") and base 3/4 chocolate brown.

I have heard great things about the Celebrity Elite pre-bonded extensions, does the same apply to their wefts? I know they are Remy but could anybody supply any more details? I can't find any way to contact them. Does anybody know the weight of the weft? £140 seems a bit cheap if they are that amazing for the usual 120g of 22" hair.

I have also been looking at Tasha Jacks. Are their hand-tied wefts suitable for clips to be sewn onto? I have heard so many glowing reports but 1. on their t&cs is that they assume that the recipient is a trained professional competent in applying hair extensions... would this stop me from purchasing them even if I am "competent" in clipping them in myself. I am a bit scared to call them :o

Alternatively does anybody know of a quality consumer "brand"? I have looked on Hair Extensions - Human Clip In Hair Extensions - Human Hair Wigs but they all seem a bit cheap? Or is this lower-quality hair okay for clip ins as they will be washed and styled less often? What should I be looking for to ensure the weft itself is of good quality so there would be minimal shedding?

Thank you for reading and any advice would be gratefully received.
Evie

Last edited:
Have you tried hairportbyvalentine ? Check out there website, there's a link to there Facebook page too with loads of good feedback, iv used them a few times nd my clients have always been happy with the hair, x

Latest posts

Back