EXTENTIONISTS! How many packs of 100g per full head!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerlily

Reaction score
Hiya just wondering if you all tend to use two full packs for a full head as I do tend to go through two whole ones now. Although a pack of 100g is supposed to be enough for a full head.
I do find when i use Bohyme i need less as its such good quality.
Lancashire Lass had a good tip about saving some hair for maintenance. :lol:
Do the rest of you tend to do this too? xx

Hiya just wondering if you all tend to use two full packs for a full head as I do tend to go through two whole ones now. Although a pack of 100g is supposed to be enough for a full head.
I do find when i use Bohyme i need less as its such good quality.
Lancashire Lass had a good tip about saving some hair for maintenance.
Do the rest of you tend to do this too? xx

Hi tigerlily , I usually order 14 inch to 16 inch double drawn hair and find that 100g is plenty , and I usually have little left over too, I don't waste a single hair :lol: but.. I suppose it all depends on the length of the extensions required or how thick the hair is ,
hth :) minky

hi i use about 100g for a full head up to 16 inches.
18 inches i use abit more. 22 inches i use approx 150g + depending on thickess of hair...

i buy packs of 115g and always have hair left over on a average size hair and i use it for maintenence also

Last edited:
I would use 100g for 14 to 16 inch. For longer hair I would use 150 to 200g depending on the thickness of the natural hair.

Thank you for replies :hug:
I wonder what i am doing wrong then as i am going through 2 full packs of 100g on each client it would be fab to use just 100-150g.
I wonder if i should be starting higher up the head (start currently about half an inch up depending how thick their hair is if bonds would be see if hair was in a ponytail).
To use less hair mayb i should stick right to the middle section of the eadnd maybe my sections and/or strands should be thinner.....xx

Hi Tigerlily,
I used to do the same as you as I never felt that I had applied enough hair but then I found that once I had blended it it looked fine. Try just adding 100g and then blending it, you can always add more afterwards if you think it needs it. Obviously for longer lengths or if the client has naturally thick hair you will need to use more but for 14" to 16" 100g should be enough.

HTH:)

Latest posts

Back