Extractor fan question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
I've had my extractor fan (mobile) for 5 years and have never cleaned the inside of it as it involves unscrewing the whole thing and my supplier said there would be no need to do this. The thing really smells now and I can see loads of build up inside I'm so tempted to unscrew it but would this be a bad idea? I have the one that has washable filters which I change all the time. Any advice please?

Anyone?? Collin??

Hi,
We have sold spray tanning extractor fans since 2005 and not experienced this problem. You should not really get a "build up" inside as the oversprayed solution should be captured by the filter and then washed out. We suggest you contact the manufacturer as they should be able to advise you and maybe refurbish it for you. You should not take it apart and re-assemble unless advised by the manufacturer or possibly with a qualified electrician. We have recently introduced "fragrance cards" that fit inside our extractors, in the filter, and blow out the fragrance you choose. As far as we know, they work in all extractors so may help with your smell.
Ambermist

Thanks you for your reply Ambermist, there are vent holes at the back of the fan and after 5 years of constant use tan has definitely got inside I can see it in there, I will take your advice and contact the manufacturer thank you so much :)

I bought a new extractor from walking in sunshine. We don't do loads of Spraytans, but we wash filter every time. If any overspray it seems to throw it out the back all over the wall and not stay in the filter! I've emailed the company not had a response. It doesn't seem right to me

I bought a new extractor from walking in sunshine. We don't do loads of Spraytans, but we wash filter every time. If any overspray it seems to throw it out the back all over the wall and not stay in the filter! I've emailed the company not had a response. It doesn't seem right to me

An old thread I know but just found this from doing a search.

I have the extractor with washable filter (Typhoon I think it's called?), had it around 4 years, and am also finding that if I don't change the filter after EVERY single spray tan it just comes out of the back of the machine and all up my walls (it is not situated too close to any walls either). The machine inside seems to be full of tanning solution and it even comes out of the bottom and marks the floor where it's been standing? I don't find the filter very dense, it's like the same stuff as a stippling sponge?

As for being the 'most powerful extractor on the market' I just don't see much suction when I waft a tissue in front of it?

Does anyone else have issues like this with these kind of extractors? Can anyone recommend another unit that is more effective?

It seems you are using the Typhoon Spray Tan Extractor Fan incorrectly (placed on the floor in a spray tanning room). This is not the recommended way to use any spray tan extractor fan. Overspray will be blown uncontrollably around the room because the air that blows out the back of the extractor fan will create draughts/air currents around the room. Using a spray tan extractor in a room without a tent/screen will help but the room and equipment will be messy and not remove overspray as it was designed to work.

You should always use an extractor fan in conjunction with a popup tent or screen. This controls the overspray in the room by containing it within the tanning booth/tent area ... and the overspray is sucked into the filter ... and clean air blows out the back of the extractor back into the room.

You can buy Typhoon Extractor Fan spare washable filters from spraytansupermarket.com

Please watch the videos (below) which show how the Typhoon Fan should be used in a tent or a screen/panel. You can see how quickly and effectively it removes overspray.

Latest posts

Back