Extras that make your treatment that little bit better than the rest!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Duffy

Reaction score
Hello!
I thought it would be interesting & beneficial to talk about hints & tips to make your treatments stand out from others. Just a few of those that I use are as follows:

Placing a tissue with essential oils on underneath the face hole to keep the sinuses clear whilst their head is through the hole (nothing worse than that bunged up feeling!). I've also placed oils in a hot bowl of water before with a few glass pebbles at the bottom under the face hole, which gives them seomthing to look at other than the wooden flooring!

Wiping the feet over with using a flannel or toweling mitt with a bowl of hot water & essential oils (such as a few drops of tea tree or lemon) instead of surgical spirit.

Offering a complimentary hand, foot or oil free scalp massage whilst their eyelash tint is taking.

Anyone got any others they'd like to share?

a heated blanket on the couch - nice for massages and facials, espesh in winter

deep breathing with client before facial to relax them

give the cient nail file/cuticle sticks at the end of a mani or pedi or im currently looking for reasonably priced foot file to give them with each pedi too, think that looks good and very hygienic

like the idea of bowl water and stones under couch through the hole, i'll be doing that now!

thanks! x
:idea:

Glad you liked the bowl of water idea! I also use a hot blanket in the winter & everyone comments on how nice it is!

Hi Martin,
I really like your ideas, I usually offer a free hand and arm massage whilst their mask is settig

i have a heated pad [like a mini electric blanket] under my towel in colder months for all my nail clients. it helps the acrylic to set and is a lovely touch for manicures. i use it for pedis too. it comes with removable covers and i sometimes drop a little perfumed oil on them and the heat brings out the scent.

I like the idea of using a hot blanket under the towel for manicures; I'd not thought of doing that - I shall be getting one to place on the manicure table straight away!

Another extra that makes the treatment a bit more luxurious is to incorporate hot towels; they're great to use to wipe the hands or feet with a few drops of lemon oil, and if someone comes rushing in to the salon a cool towel is quite nice for them, whether for hands, face or feet.

Also, in the winter I sometimes offer clients one of those wheat hot packs to place round their shoulders whilst they are waiting for appointments or during manicures/pedicures, and under their neck during facials. In the same way during hot stone treatments I place hot stones in a towelling tube & lay over the back of the neck whilst I massage the lower back & back of legs.

i have a heated pad [like a mini electric blanket] under my towel in colder months for all my nail clients. it helps the acrylic to set and is a lovely touch for manicures. i use it for pedis too. it comes with removable covers and i sometimes drop a little perfumed oil on them and the heat brings out the scent.

Thats a good idea.

Where would we get those mini heated blankets from?

Apart from the scented candles and fleece blanket(which my clients love) used during body massage..i like to treat my clients to an arm and hand massage when having facials(while the mask is setting)

i to like the idea of these heated blankets for manicures\nails ...where do you get them from>?, i looked on a few sites but can't seem to find any.

Thats a good idea.

Where would we get those mini heated blankets from?

you can buy one at argos, think they only cost about 17 squids.
you'll find them in the personal care section, they are sold for easing muscle pain. had mine ages, one of my best investments .

some of my clients have cold feet so I place a wheat bag on their feet, I've also done this with hot stones wrapped in a flannel for them for their hands.

I already use a heated blanket on the couch.

I also use steamed mitts for nearly every treatment, if they are having a full body massage I start the treatment with cleaning their feet with steamed mitts first.

I have a large wooden tray with tumble stones and I place that under the facehole.

If I'm doing luxury packages I fill a bowl with water and place fresh flower heads on top under the facehole.

When I do an Indian head massage, I use steamed mitts over the face before I do the facial massage sequence, that usually gets a few subdued groans, plus it cleanses your hands after touching their hair.

I make mini bath bombs with dried flower petals on top in heart shaped ice cube trays, when they are having a foot soak in my posh spa bowl, I then drop 2 of them into the bath, also if they are having a hand soak, I drop one into the bowl - they get the essential oil aroma and the pretty flower petals.

I always have a large candle lit in the treatment room, soft music, subdued lighting, and I lower my voice when I'm starting a treatment.

I am loving your ideas!! I have only just started in the business but think soem of your ideas are fab, would love to see some pictures of your ideas and your room set up's x

I've just remembered another thing I do for my facials, having just started a new box! When they're freshly opened I place a few drops of essential oil on a tissue & put the opened box in a sealed bag, which works to scent the tissues; just remember to go for something neutral!

great ideas what would you use the scented tissues for extractions or blotting the skin?

another thing i do is if a client is booking in for a manicure and pedicure straight after then whilst doing their manicure i let them soak their feet in a bowel of jelly crystals so their cuticles and skin is soft ready for me to commence with the usual pedicure treatment after.
Some of them you can get scented such as lavender, jasmine and mint which smell great too

I have some for both; I have tea tree infused tissues for extractions & use lavender (or if I'm feeling plush, rose) scented tissues for blotting. That's a great idea about soaking their feet whilst having the manicure, would make hard skin removal a lot easier as well!

Latest posts

Back