Extremely bloodshot eyes after eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it the glue, my eyes, or installation

• Glue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personal eye sensitivity

• Poor installation

• Total voters

Kateorade

Reaction score
I have gotten my eyelash extensions done twice this time around by a new tech and both times I had extremely bloodshot eyes about 5 hours after the process and it lasts about 2-3 days. My eyes are super..superrrr bloodshot.
He first time I made no preference on the glue, and my second time I called ahead and asked her if she had sensitive glue and she responded as she did. My eyes responded even worse the second time, not sure if they’re more sensitive because it has happened before, or I am more sensitive to the sensitive glue.
Attached are pictures.

Attachments

• BCC2B29D-E475-496A-992F-92C227286D5D.jpeg
    BCC2B29D-E475-496A-992F-92C227286D5D.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 1BE97C1C-4AEF-4987-983F-57E78F66489E.jpeg
    1BE97C1C-4AEF-4987-983F-57E78F66489E.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 290
You’ve had a reaction. Get the eyelashes removed and leave them off for about 6 months to give you body time to heal. Chances are you’ve developed an allergy to one of the ingredients in the products used in the service, most likely the glue. When allergies appear, the reaction usually gets worse each time the body comes into contact with the irritant. If you want to try again in a few months, insist on a patch test for the glue and wait 48 hours for any sign of a reaction.

I have gotten my eyelash extensions done twice this time around by a new tech and both times I had extremely bloodshot eyes about 5 hours after the process and it lasts about 2-3 days. My eyes are super..superrrr bloodshot.
He first time I made no preference on the glue, and my second time I called ahead and asked her if she had sensitive glue and she responded as she did. My eyes responded even worse the second time, not sure if they’re more sensitive because it has happened before, or I am more sensitive to the sensitive glue.
Attached are pictures.
Did the lash tech use gel pads? I'm sensitive to the gel pads and get the same reaction you described. Ask them to try foam tape or anything else and see if that works.

Doctor ASAP. If it's an allergy they can help and if it's not and it's an infection it would be wise to get it seen to sooner or later.

I just recovered from an eye infection and went temporarily blind in one eye, it was terrifying. Get it seen too!

Latest posts

Back