Eyebrow definition-HD brows, which brow powders are best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leanna123

Reaction score
Hiya looking for some advice,I have done the eyebrow definition course with capital which was the 7 steps to perfect eyebrows.we were told to use a pencil/ powder to finish off the look,I was wondering what other people use ,ive seen that hi brow do one,has anyone used this before?? Or can recommend any others that are long lasting,waterproof etc ?xx

'brow powder' is just eyeshadow, companies rip customers off by charging £20-£30 for a brow palette which you could buy the colours yourself from cheaper brands.

I have done the hd brow course I can fault it in any way the training was second to non, the powder I have found to be the best, it's waterproof, rub proof and sweat proof you can excersize sweat profusely and it still sticks, it's not just an eyeshadow, I love it

I do hd brows the pallets are most def not a rip off and enhance the brows we create and are called eye and brow pallets so yes can be used for eyes too. There are 3 different pallets and they are the best I've used. Also the pencils are amazing even if the sharpening of them is a pain. I'm really looking forward to the full range of hd brows makeup to launch

Ok thanks girls does anybody know if the hi brow powder works aswell as the hd brows powder??and what colour do you recommend in the hd brows powders? also glam8babe can I ask what cheaper brands are there that are as good as the hd palettes as want to look at all options :) xx

I use wowbrows! I really like it. I got it from salons direct

I use Christian brow palette, love it !

A cheaper one I like is benefit browzings. I have had issues with my brows sweating off when I'm really busy in the summer and this stuff stayed on when others didn't.
I love the wow brow one as well.

I use christian too. Hate my eyebrows without it now x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally use BROWZINGS by Benefit - you get both powder for shading and wax for keeping in place! My customers always ask what i used on them and go out and buy it! :) xx

I personally use BROWZINGS by Benefit - you get both powder for shading and wax for keeping in place! My customers always ask what i used on them and go out and buy it! :) xx

A lot of my clients are using it now as well :)

Ok thanks girls does anybody know if the hi brow powder works aswell as the hd brows powder??and what colour do you recommend in the hd brows powders? also glam8babe can I ask what cheaper brands are there that are as good as the hd palettes as want to look at all options :) xx

I use a £3.50 one from superdrug and its exactly the same concept as the HD palette.. it has 3 shades and a wax then has some mini tweezers and a brush (ok i dont use the tools but they are handy for newbies) and these are also sweatproof and last all day I get so many compliments on my brows and when i show my makeup clients what I use on their brows they are shocked at the price and how good it is... the brand is BeautyUK. And yes the HD one and also browzings are just overpriced eyeshadows, as a MUA i know pretty much about all the formulations of shadows and this is all you need!! I sometimes use my MAC matte eyeshadows (omega, espresso) if I forget my little brow kit and they work exactly the same too, just common sense really.

Im a beauty blogger and done a review on the BeautyUK palette if you'd like to see it drop me a message and ill send you the link :)

I've just picked one up from superdrug ,thanks Hun xx

I use a £3.50 one from superdrug and its exactly the same concept as the HD palette.. it has 3 shades and a wax then has some mini tweezers and a brush (ok i dont use the tools but they are handy for newbies) and these are also sweatproof and last all day I get so many compliments on my brows and when i show my makeup clients what I use on their brows they are shocked at the price and how good it is... the brand is BeautyUK. And yes the HD one and also browzings are just overpriced eyeshadows, as a MUA i know pretty much about all the formulations of shadows and this is all you need!! I sometimes use my MAC matte eyeshadows (omega, espresso) if I forget my little brow kit and they work exactly the same too, just common sense really.

Im a beauty blogger and done a review on the BeautyUK palette if you'd like to see it drop me a message and ill send you the link :)

if I bought 4 mac eyeshadows to match the shades in the HD Brow palette then it would cost me a bit more than £19.95 for the palette. plus eyeshadow isn't sweat proof etc. I have used eyeshadow in the past and it does not last no where near as well as the HD brow palettes!

Browzings is ok but the wax is awful and makes the brow hairs clump. The powder is good but for £16ish (not sure of the price off the top of my head) you only get one colour and that wouldn't work for me as I like my day brows to be different to my night brows depending on what make up I wear.

To op for clients you'd need all 3 HD Brows palettes each with 4 colours (2 are the same in each palette). But you would need to make it very clear you are not trained in or offering the HD Brows treatment. Or you could find yourself getting a call from the HD Brows legal deppartment.

I trained with Kim lawless for my brow course and she recommended Anastasia of Beverly Hills (I buy it from cult beauty) amazing stuff and I have had my kits 2 years and think they will go another 😉 I did have the gosh one from super drug before but it's wax is too soft IMO. Hth x

if I bought 4 mac eyeshadows to match the shades in the HD Brow palette then it would cost me a bit more than £19.95 for the palette. plus eyeshadow isn't sweat proof etc. I have used eyeshadow in the past and it does not last no where near as well as the HD brow palettes!

Browzings is ok but the wax is awful and makes the brow hairs clump. The powder is good but for £16ish (not sure of the price off the top of my head) you only get one colour and that wouldn't work for me as I like my day brows to be different to my night brows depending on what make up I wear.

To op for clients you'd need all 3 HD Brows palettes each with 4 colours (2 are the same in each palette). But you would need to make it very clear you are not trained in or offering the HD Brows treatment. Or you could find yourself getting a call from the HD Brows legal deppartment.

Im not saying use MAC shadows, i have hundreds of mac shadows so I just use them if i dont have my brow kit and yes they are espensive too but im stating that you dont need to fork out £20+ for an overpriced 'brow palette' when you can get cheaper that do the same thing.. as for the wax I never use it so the 3 colours in the palette are amazing quality anyway for the price you really cant go wrong.

If you think I said I do 'HD brows' on clients then you read my post wrong. Im a professional MUA and obviously need to fill in my clients brows to do their makeup hence why I use this little palette. I dont need to spend loads of money on something that does the same thing for cheaper. Im also a professional beauty blogger and HD send me items of their makeup and brush line to review and really I should be promoting the company but im just telling it how it is and thats what people should know.. the truth (and also save some money!)

Im not saying use MAC shadows, i have hundreds of mac shadows so I just use them if i dont have my brow kit and yes they are espensive too but im stating that you dont need to fork out £20+ for an overpriced 'brow palette' when you can get cheaper that do the same thing.. as for the wax I never use it so the 3 colours in the palette are amazing quality anyway for the price you really cant go wrong.

If you think I said I do 'HD brows' on clients then you read my post wrong. Im a professional MUA and obviously need to fill in my clients brows to do their makeup hence why I use this little palette. I dont need to spend loads of money on something that does the same thing for cheaper. Im also a professional beauty blogger and HD send me items of their makeup and brush line to review and really I should be promoting the company but im just telling it how it is and thats what people should know.. the truth (and also save some money!)

Ok firstly I clearly stated that the comment about not offering hd brows was to the op (original poster) so you've got the wrong end of the stick there.

Secondly this is a forum for professionals so we should be encouraging the use of professional products. As a make up artist would you jump on to nails and tell them they should use cheap polish instead of professional brands? If not then you shouldn't be telling beauty therapists to use non professional products.

Yes you might find pharmacy products good but its a bit different doing make up to doing beauty therapy. The therapist may not be insured to use pharmacy brands as msds will probably not be available. Also it means the therapist loses the oppurtunity to increase their income with retail sales.

I posted the original post and am fully aware that if you are not hd trained you can not advertise as such hence the title "eyebrow definition" the post was about hd eyebrow pallets and hi brow pallets not about saying you are hd trained when you are not.i appreciate all the advise and am going to be trying out the different pallets available so thank you girls to everyone that recommended there favourites :) xxx

I posted the original post and am fully aware that if you are not hd trained you can not advertise as such hence the title "eyebrow definition" the post was about hd eyebrow pallets and hi brow pallets not about saying you are hd trained when you are not.i appreciate all the advise and am going to be trying out the different pallets available so thank you girls to everyone that recommended there favourites :) xxx

I know honey just thought i'd mention to make sure you didn't get in trouble with HD Brows legal team as some people aren't aware that HD Brows is a brand not a just treatment name.

I forgot to mention HD Brows does a larger palette with all colours in so you wouldn't have to buy them all separate. Only problem is you'll only be able to get their palettes for retail price unless you train. Christian brows is recommended by a lot of therapists as you can get it for trade price and stock it for your clients as once you've done their brows and seen how good they look they generally want the product. So why give benefit or superdrug the sale instead of yourself x

Ok firstly I clearly stated that the comment about not offering hd brows was to the op (original poster) so you've got the wrong end of the stick there.

Secondly this is a forum for professionals so we should be encouraging the use of professional products. As a make up artist would you jump on to nails and tell them they should use cheap polish instead of professional brands? If not then you shouldn't be telling beauty therapists to use non professional products.

Yes you might find pharmacy products good but its a bit different doing make up to doing beauty therapy. The therapist may not be insured to use pharmacy brands as msds will probably not be available. Also it means the therapist loses the oppurtunity to increase their income with retail sales.

Yes it may be a forum for professionals but im stating my opinion and doesnt everyone want to save money?? No i wouldnt tell a nail tech to use a none professional product but i think i know my products as a top beauty blogger with over 5 years experience i get tonnes of products sent to me whether its professional, high-end or cheap I get to try a large range and also by reading other bloggers reviews I know whats best to use and how to save money. Like I said i was just stating my opinion like everyone is allowed and if anything, people should be pleased theres a cheaper alternative rather than spending money on something that does exactly the same thing, you are probably just defending the brand because you offer HD brows which i totally understand but everyones allowed their opinion. Sorry if I offended you!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back