Eyebrow definition-HD brows, which brow powders are best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it may be a forum for professionals but im stating my opinion and doesnt everyone want to save money?? No i wouldnt tell a nail tech to use a none professional product but i think i know my products as a top beauty blogger with over 5 years experience i get tonnes of products sent to me whether its professional, high-end or cheap I get to try a large range and also by reading other bloggers reviews I know whats best to use and how to save money. Like I said i was just stating my opinion like everyone is allowed and if anything, people should be pleased theres a cheaper alternative rather than spending money on something that does exactly the same thing, you are probably just defending the brand because you offer HD brows which i totally understand but everyones allowed their opinion. Sorry if I offended you!!!

No personally I don't think everyone wants to save money if they did they'd go Argos buy a cheapo rio waxing kit and do their own brows etc at home. They come to me because they want the job doing well.

I understand your a "top beauty blogger and with over 5 years experience" and thats great that your successful at that and your obviously a respected make up artist. But in a salon environment it's a bit different clients have certain expectations of us. They expect us to use professional products and they pay for these products and our expertise in using them and recommending them.

I'm not offended luv more baffled that you would encourage a therapist to lose income on retail sales and possibly tarnish their image by coming across as cheap. I know I myself wouldn't go back to someone who used products from superdrug on me as i'd wonder where else they'd cut corners eg baby oil as massage oil, simple products for their facial range the list of cheaper options is endless.

If this thread was about personnal use then yes recommending things from superdrug etc is fine but not to use on clients and not least because it could lose you clients but also because if something went wrong and you didn't have the msd sheets for all products your insurance would be invalidated.

I'm not defending my brand i'm defending using professional products in a professional environment. X

Ok I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable now,I'm new to this site and all I wanted was some advice ,as I said before I appreciate everyone's advice and all there recommendations wether it be hd pallets or superdrug ones,I have found it all very helpful so I don't think anyone has done anything wrong by recommending there favourites after all that was what the post was about!! :) xxxx

Ok I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable now,I'm new to this site and all I wanted was some advice ,as I said before I appreciate everyone's advice and all there recommendations wether it be hd pallets or superdrug ones,I have found it all very helpful so I don't think anyone has done anything wrong by recommending there favourites after all that was what the post was about!! :) xxxx

Hi Leanna123 welcome to salongeek. There's no need to feel uncomfortable and i'm sorry my posts did that. Salongeek has 1000's of members and visitors all with different career paths and opinions and sometimes things can get heated (more so in hair and nails rather than skin geek). I think myself and glam8babe are coming from two different angles and are both just giving our opinions and our reasons for them opinions. Some threads do go off on tangents but them tangents can sometimes help the op, sometimes not. I don't think me or glam8babe have been offensive and salongeek is here for sharing our knowledge and tips and a bit of healthy debate.

Another point to remember is whilst some comments don't help you personally anyone can search for threads on here (many choose not to start threads and just search for their answers) and mine or glam8babe's posts may help them make their decision xxx

I see where your coming from Hun .i just felt a little uncomfortable as things between the two if you were getting a little heated and I wanted to point out that I appreciated everyone's feedback

after reading through a few posts on this site yes seems sometimes there is a clash of opinions and things get heated lol .wasnt aware of that when I posted this topic so was a bit shocked when it all got a bit heated between you two oh well I know now in future!! Lol :) xxxx

Christian Eyebrow powder is fab & lasts up to 24 hours so is perfect for clients wanting a reliable product. It comes in 8 different colours with brushes & a selection of stencils to create the perfect shape.

If you would like more info please give me a call on 01582 798920

Alison :)

Christian Eyebrow powder is fab & lasts up to 24 hours so is perfect for clients wanting a reliable product. It comes in 8 different colours with brushes & a selection of stencils to create the perfect shape.

If you would like more info please give me a call on 01582 798920

Alison :)

As a customer I can vouch for that x

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products but they're pretty expensive so it's a bit of an investment. All I'd advise is that whatever you choose, buy it in your shade and trial it, that way you can be confident in the product.

When I grew my brows out the dip brow pomade (anastasia Beverly Hills) was a god send as it allowed me to create brow where there wasn't any (I have dark Asian hair so this is a task) if this is something you may want to demonstrate to your clients then look for this in a product. I also knew that I wanted a large selection of colours because a slight tweek can make all the difference to the overall look.

Hope some of that helps ☺️ xx

I use a £3.50 one from superdrug and its exactly the same concept as the HD palette.. it has 3 shades and a wax then has some mini tweezers and a brush (ok i dont use the tools but they are handy for newbies) and these are also sweatproof and last all day I get so many compliments on my brows and when i show my makeup clients what I use on their brows they are shocked at the price and how good it is... the brand is BeautyUK. And yes the HD one and also browzings are just overpriced eyeshadows, as a MUA i know pretty much about all the formulations of shadows and this is all you need!! I sometimes use my MAC matte eyeshadows (omega, espresso) if I forget my little brow kit and they work exactly the same too, just common sense really.

Im a beauty blogger and done a review on the BeautyUK palette if you'd like to see it drop me a message and ill send you the link :)
yes please

As a customer I can vouch for that x

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app
im going to be doing my own version of hd brows and want a reliable powder. i have dark brows and so do most of my clients however i would want to cover a range of clients what colur palette would you recomend

yes please

im going to be doing my own version of hd brows and want a reliable powder. i have dark brows and so do most of my clients however i would want to cover a range of clients what colur palette would you recomend

As each of the posters you’ve quoted have been absent from Salon Geek for some time, and you have also created a new thread with the same question, I’ll close this one which was created as long ago as 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back