Eyebrow Perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I have a client who has the strangest growing eyebrows ever seen they seem to have a life of there own and grow every way but straight and are so long!:eek:

I have her coming this week to try an Eyebrow Perm just to see if this helps in anyway.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this and can I shape the eyebrow first either with tweezing or wax or should I wait and do this after the Perm?
And can you trim eyebrows as I was never show this?
If any of you have done this how successful was the results?

Last edited:
I've never heard of perming eyebrows, but I do trim the length. Brush brow upwards and evenly trim then brush down and trim wax into shape if they are coarse & a bit wild I sugest taming with vaseline or hair gel.......... hope this helps

Never heard of perming them, but I've got a few clients who need their brows trimming. Just comb them upwards, trim the stragglers, and then comb them out to the side. That should do it !!!!:)

Thanks for that:hug:
I use Thyua and in the directions it tells you how do do it.
  1. Wipe off any make up,
  2. Brush eyebrows into shape,
  3. Apply perming lotion,
  4. Cover with film,
  5. Comb every 2 mins to keep in the shape you want,
  6. Keep on for up to 20 mins,
  7. Wipe off perming lotion,
  8. Apply neutraliser,
  9. Leave for up to 20 mins,
  10. Remove,
  11. Done.
I am just not sure it it would be ok to apply Perming Lotion after being waxed or tweezed would this cause a skin reaction as the pores would be open??
Or would I be better to perm first then shape??

I would love to know how you get on with this. Logic says theres no reason why is wouldn't work!:)

I do agree about waxing afterwards though, it's probably not worth risking any discomfort. And also, once the hairs are straight you will have a better idea of the overall shape and which need removing.

Good luck with it.:hug:

They do say you learn something new everyday.... let us know how it goes and if it works out how you want it too
x

There should be no problem with this, just make sure you keep combing them into the shape you want but DONT wax or tweeze just before you do the perm/straighten, eithr do it the day before or afterwards.

Good luck, or you could just scisser over comb them if you think just shortening them would help!

Sounds like a brilliant idea. Don't do the same day as waxing though as it will burn like hell. xxx

Let us know how you get on! I also use the Thuya system and read that you can perm the eyebrows. How much will you be charging her?? Tell us what she thinks too! xx

Just thought I would update for everyone who was interested :hug:

I cant believe how well it went she is delighted with the result.
I applied as described in my other post with no problems at all, they are still looking good and staying flat and in the right direction.

I went on to Wax and trim them after the Perm which was nice and easy to do as all the hairs were going the same way for a change:lol: She didn't suffer any excessive redness well no more than normal.

So I can categorically say Perming Eyebrows do work :lol:
Thanks for all the sdvice:hug:

Really pleased it went so well Karen. So now we all have a new service we can offer!! :)

Latest posts

Back