Eyebrow waxing query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was looking for some advice from experienced eyebrow experts!

I recently trained with lash perfect Hibrow and have done a couple of sets at home.

I also have recently started a new job in a salon and have been shadowing untill i get the jist.

Which is the correct way to wax a brow, the girls at the salon apply in one long line underneath the brow from start to finish and rarely wax the top.

I was trained to almost split the brow into 4 and wax in sections, starting with the bottom at the tip and the the section near to the middle. If that makes sense?

What's a better method to go for?

Whatever you feel best. My friend got trained differently. I got trained same as you. You do what you feel comfortable doing and what gets you the best results. I love eyebrow waxing and do a lot of tweasing too. X

I do one strip across the top, one across the bottom, and one in the middle of the brows.

Always do the top. I don't understand this old fashioned idea of leaving the top. It never looks tidy and finished otherwise. You can't get a good arched shape unless you wax the top. But don't go into the brow just take the fuzz and strays so it's clean and straight.
Underneath I can now do it one but if you are unsure then do it in 2 sections. You'll have greater control until you build up confidence.
Always trim too. So many people don't trim the brow and it will still look unruly unless you do especially if they have sprouts.

I personally do the middle first, then I wax the underneath from the start of the brow to the arch, then the arch to the end then do the same on top. Then trim and tweeze :) I don't understand why people don't wax the top?

Latest posts

Back