Eyelash extension difficulties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OjojN

Reaction score
Hi I'm a fairly new lash tech, and I have some retention issues on certain clients. I've got one regular who never seems to have a problem, but I've had a couple of new clients who have lost loads in the first few days even when following after care instructions. I'm cleansing the lash, and I've used new glue so I know my adhesive hasn't gone off, but I'm really struggling to resolve the problem and am frustrated that new clients are having a rubbish experience! So it's the extension popping off the natural lash not the extension pulling the lash off. I use a lash primer as instructed by the brand I trained with and cleanse the eye with oil free remover before. What could be going wrong?! Any help appreciated!

Im super new as well so just an opinion with no leverage but I think it might be the way you are placing the lash on. Make sure the original lash is strong enough for the synthetic one you are placing on top. Also make sure the tip of the synthetic lash is grabbing the original one and NOT just the middle of the synthetic lash grabbing the original lash. I had this problem during training and my trainer said theyll pop off if applied that way. NOT sure again if this is your problem but might be something to look at. GOOD LUCK!!

Hi I'm a fairly new lash tech, and I have some retention issues on certain clients. I've got one regular who never seems to have a problem, but I've had a couple of new clients who have lost loads in the first few days even when following after care instructions. I'm cleansing the lash, and I've used new glue so I know my adhesive hasn't gone off, but I'm really struggling to resolve the problem and am frustrated that new clients are having a rubbish experience! So it's the extension popping off the natural lash not the extension pulling the lash off. I use a lash primer as instructed by the brand I trained with and cleanse the eye with oil free remover before. What could be going wrong?! Any help appreciated!
Iv been lashing a year now and have the exact same problem it’s driving me crazy all was fine until just recently!

I'm having an absolute nightmare with lash retention at the minute and don't know what to do!!! [emoji30]

I'm having an absolute nightmare with lash retention at the minute and don't know what to do!!! [emoji30]
Same here I’m running out of things to try to sort the problem out

Same here I’m running out of things to try to sort the problem out

I'm finding it really embarrassing and I'm spending a lot of time re-doing peoples lashes! I hope there is a miracle fix ‍♀️

I'm finding it really embarrassing and I'm spending a lot of time re-doing peoples lashes! I hope there is a miracle fix ‍♀️
Sounds like your having the exact same issue Hun I feel so stressed with it iv been lashing since last April and never had this problem before

I'm the same. Some clients issues start the next day but others last 3 or 4 days max. I have a couple
Of clients that are retaining but nothing compared to those that aren't. I don't know if it's my placement, the glue, maybe I'm not looking after the glue properly? What are you thinking it could be? Xxx

bae2ab3e9cea41c02f79c131ac907b72.jpg
7a1bad39c19a79c3552a563bf7e710c5.jpg

I'm the same. Some clients issues start the next day but others last 3 or 4 days max. I have a couple
Of clients that are retaining but nothing compared to those that aren't. I don't know if it's my placement, the glue, maybe I'm not looking after the glue properly? What are you thinking it could be? Xxx
I thought it was my humidity level but 45-55% is correct so iv read but I have been using a nano mister thinking it could be leaving them too moist? It’s 50% of my clients loosing after 1-4 days which usually last 2-3 week before needing an infill I’m researching everything but seem to be doing everything correctly so I’m lost! X

I thought it was my humidity level but 45-55% is correct so iv read but I have been using a nano mister thinking it could be leaving them too moist? It’s 50% of my clients loosing after 1-4 days which usually last 2-3 week before needing an infill I’m researching everything but seem to be doing everything correctly so I’m lost! X

It's reassuring to know it's not just me. I've never used a nano mister! What glue and lashes do you use? Xxx

It's reassuring to know it's not just me. I've never used a nano mister! What glue and lashes do you use? Xxx
Iv been using lashbase but only the other day bought eyelash excellence to see if they were any better but still having same problem! If your not using nano mister that can’t be my problem either then x

I'm wondering if it's the glue going off quickly! I store it on top of my drawers (there is no natural sunlight in my treatment room) and not in the box? I bought a new glue about 3 weeks ago xxx

I'm wondering if it's the glue going off quickly! I store it on top of my drawers (there is no natural sunlight in my treatment room) and not in the box? I bought a new glue about 3 weeks ago xxx
I’m storing in an airtight container in the dark also but glue can’t be off I only got mine 3 days ago and still having same problem x

I’m storing in an airtight container in the dark also but glue can’t be off I only got mine 3 days ago and still having same problem x

Attachments

• 9A19C740-7738-4E43-B76C-A12038D32C98.jpeg
    9A19C740-7738-4E43-B76C-A12038D32C98.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 86

They look fab! What weight lash do you use? Are they a d-curl? X

They look fab! What weight lash do you use? Are they a d-curl? X
thats a 0.20 d curl Hun this client hasn’t had any problems at all x

thats a 0.20 d curl Hun this client hasn’t had any problems at all x
Iv always used 0.20 on younger clients but thinking should I use 0.15 x

Love them. What environment do you work in? I'm in a well insulated cabin, just wondering if it might get a bit damp in there? X

Love them. What environment do you work in? I'm in a well insulated cabin, just wondering if it might get a bit damp in there? X
I’m in the same Hun my husband built it for me iv invested in a dehumidifier but still having the problem x

Latest posts

Back