Eyelash extension difficulties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope someone else can shed some light for us! It's making me not want to do lashes any more if I'm honest [emoji26]

Let's hope someone else can shed some light for us! It's making me not want to do lashes any more if I'm honest [emoji26]
I feel the same and it’s such a shame because I have many retiring clients and really enjoy doing it hence why iv spent money building the cabin x

Absolutely! Will keep in touch, let me know if you get any tips xxx

SO glad i have seen this post, i have been having a nightmare recently!

Hey girls,

I'm looking for advice too. I have cleaned the lashes from any make up, applied the primer and yesterday I had the same disastrous experience.
Even as I was applying the lashes, they were coming off so was doing half a set all over. I don't know what I might have been doing wrong but that left me really anxious. I am fairly new however have had some nice sets done with no issues at all. I do know that one issue I have is applying the lash too far from the root so the infills might need to be done sooner rather than later but this was a completely different situation and has left me in a bit of a chaos ! I'm really hoping someone can help us out at least with some general info :(

I had this problem on Saturday and today I redid the clients lashes with the window open so the humidity was between 30-40 instead of between 45-50 and for some reason I think that might’ve helped. Not sure if that’s the case with you all but maybe try it! Maybe it should be middle to lower end of the humidity specter instead of the middle to higher end.

SO glad i have seen this post, i have been having a nightmare recently!
Have you been having the same problem Hun?iv recently purchased a different glue to try as it says it works in the higher humidity only done 3 ppl with it so far and 2 of the 3 have been ok x

Hi Ladies

I've been racking my brain about this all day. I just bought a new adhesive (Infinit Volume Plus $27.45) and used it on 3 new clients..... I had the clients wash their face to remove any particles they may have had fall on their eyelashes, primed the lashes before starting, brushed them and began lashing.

I followed the storage and managing instructions for the adhesive, which is between 64- 77 Degrees F° and Humidity of 50-60. The room I'm working in at home tends to get extremely hot, so I had an AC installed and have humidifier running all day to control the room temperature. Still at this rate, when I was done with my client a few fell off after she left....It didn't make a big difference since she had a volume set done, but I still want all the lashes I applied to stay. I reached out to my old instructor and she informed me that the adhesive had to be refrigerated.... but the manufacturers instructions are strictly not to refrigerate due it causing condensation on the inside of the bottle.

Ssoooooooo.... I'm stuck ... at this point, I'm controlling both the temp. and humid. In the room and leaving the adhesive in the zip lock bag it came in. I have another client coming tomorrow so I have high hopes that I won't have a repeat of what happened today. I will continue playing with the temp. and see how that helps, but I cant seem to pinpoint what I'm possibly doing wrong. ‍♀️

Don't give up ladies, all well be well. Cheers! ✌

Hi girls. I have been having this problem on and off! Yesterday I did my colleague and today nearly all of them fell off . I've been lashing since last November I trained with nouveau and do everything the same way they trained me. I'm going on a refresher course on the 6th August so if they give me any answers as to why this is happening I will post on here . I'm feeling so disheartened lately but I'm determined I won't give up! X

Hi ladies
I have been lashing for over 8 years now and also was an educator for a couple of years so I hope that I can help you. So a few things to check are;
1. Are you storing your adhesive in an air tight container? It needs to be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight or any radiators.
2. Are you shaking the adhesive for at least a minute or so before using it? The reason for this is because you need to mix the ingredients in the adhesive together to activate them. For the brand I use I shake for at least a minute. Also remember before you shake the adhesive to take the lid off and use a lint free wax strip and hold over the nozzle. Once you’ve poured your glue then wipe the nozzle with the strip and replace the lid and re store straight away in the air tight container. This will stop the lid from sticking to the nozzle and breaking.
3. Cleaning the lashes - depending again on the brand you are working with, are you cleaning the lashes properly? Before application you need to make sure that you have removed any traces of make up or oil from the lashes by either using a primer or saline.
4. Temperature & humidity - this plays a vital role in how well your lashes will last. Depending on the adhesive you are using you need to check it’s recommended temp and humidity to work with. If your humidity is high and temperature creeps up then this is going to start curing the adhesive faster.
5. Speed - is the adhesive you are working too fast setting to the speed you are working? If you are using a fast setting adhesive but are still quite slow at lashing then you will find that the adhesive maybe curing before you have placed the lash. If this is happening then the retention will be poor and you may need to change to a slower setting adhesive.
5. Attachment - make sure the lash is attached correctly. The base of the lash extension should not be popping off.
6. Weight - Remember to use the correct diameter of lash extension for the clients natural lashes. If you choose to heavy of a lash extension it will add pressure to the natural lash causing premature loss and over a long period of time gaps in the lash line. For classic lashing I only use 0.15 and 0.12 diameter.
7. Aftercare - I always go through aftercare with all my clients and give them a leaflet to take home with them. Making sure they know not to get them wet and also how to look after them.

Hope that helps a little, if you need any more help please ask x

You should definitely invest in a good quality glue. The glue you are using is the bottom of the barrel. It also probably is stored on an amazon warehouse where they keep it at improper temperature.

First thing I would do if invest in a legitimate adhesive.
Second thing I would do is get an airtight container to store it in.

Id try a Bella lash adhesive, lash makers or borboleta.
Refrigerator or freezer is very unnecessary.

Latest posts

Back