Eyelash Extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ideally it is best to tint 24 hours prior to application, however, if you tint and lash at the same appointment you need to make sure that you have been "overly" thorough in your removal of the tint and use of your primer.

In answer to a previous post, use of anything longer than a 9 on the inner corner will irritate the client and will not look natural or glamorous.

For a glamour look, start at the inner using 9s, and you can go up in increments of 1s or 2s to your desired length.

Ideally it is best to use more than 2 lengths when applying a full set, working in shorter lashes amongst the longer lashes to achieve thickness.

I always work with 2 thicknesses, .15 and .20 and this again will give a gorgeous effect.

To the OP, using a C curl will give you more of the desired effect from the front that you are wanting to achieve, you may feel you are not achieving the effect you want due to not enough lashes applied, this will come in time, but a C curl will definately help, dont throw you .15s away in favour of .20s, use both within the same set :)

Thank you, this is really helpful. I only have super thin C curls at the moment but will try as you have suggested with the B curls that I have to begin with and will order some C curls asap.

Thanks to everyone for your replies, you've all been really helpful xxx

This is interesting. Does the lash primer not take away any remaining tint? I tinted yesterday before applying as I have done it before without tinting and it has been harder work, yesterdays application went really smoothly.

We weren't taught to prime HOWEVER I bought primer and sealant from different suppliers and am using them on my own initiative (after speaking to those that had done different courses). So I would assume it would be ok to tint when using a primer but I haven't had to tint anyone yet. I think most important part is making sure that the lashes are absolutely clean and dry after tinting before applying extensions :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I think your making a good head way with them, like has been said try the different lashes, it seems this client has very strait lashes so you might find that applying a c curl doesnt give alot of 'bonding' space between the two lashes so try a B lash I find I get on with these really well, as you get the lift at the end and the bond across the entire lash.

I have been lashing for 4 years, and with my regulars always tint, new clients I advise they come in the week before. I have never had any problems with tinting/lashing, you never know what a client gets up to when they get home, there not going to admit to you if they have worn mascara then used eyemake-up remover, even oil free if it says it removes waterproof then need I say more? x

I think your making a good head way with them, like has been said try the different lashes, it seems this client has very strait lashes so you might find that applying a c curl doesnt give alot of 'bonding' space between the two lashes so try a B lash I find I get on with these really well, as you get the lift at the end and the bond across the entire lash.

I have been lashing for 4 years, and with my regulars always tint, new clients I advise they come in the week before. I have never had any problems with tinting/lashing, you never know what a client gets up to when they get home, there not going to admit to you if they have worn mascara then used eyemake-up remover, even oil free if it says it removes waterproof then need I say more? x

Thanks Rebecca xx

Latest posts

Back