Eyelash extension reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am posting here for myself- I am beauty trained but not in eyelash extensions.

I was patch tested with no reaction and went on to have eyelash extensions yesterday morning. They were bloodshot yesterday but today I have woken up with my eyes all gunky, swollen and very bloodshot.

It's obviously an allergic reaction but what would you advise I do to treat it? Do I get the eyelashes off ASAP? (Gutted!)

Thanks

I have had ladies come to me before with lashes from elsewhere and they have had a reaction which looks a lot like conjunctivitis (gunky, red and sore). I personally have turned them away due to the fact I didn't apply the lashes to their eyes and I don't want to be liable to make the condition worse. A few ladies have been able to go back to the therapist they got the treatment from and they have removed them - however they have also been turned away before. I would say try going back to the therapist you got them done by and ask her to remove them. She may refuse but she is the one who put them on so she should be responsible to remove them. Just be aware the remover can make your eyes even more sore. If she doesn't remove them for you, i would try removing them yourself immediately. Try steaming your face to losen the glue, coat your eyelashes in baby oil and gently brush them out. I wouldn't keep them on as any infection will stay live in the lashes for the remainder they are on.

It sounds more like her equipment wasn’t clean than just a straight glue reaction too. You may need to see a GP if they get any worse. Hope it clears up soon.

It could depend where the reaction has occured. If it is underneath it could be due to the gel pads or tape being applied too close to the eye?
Maybe contact your therapist and ask her for advice?

Latest posts

Back