Eyelash extensions any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are good considering you haven't been lashing long.
You need to try and get the extensions closer to the base of the natural lash. They are also too long for her natural lashes. They will appear longer too because they are not applied close enough to the base of the natural lash. There is a bit too much glue in places as well.
There are much better than the first sets I did though so keep at it and you will be a great lash tech :)

Thank you for your reply she's rang me to say she wants the longer and fuller. I've explained that they r ment to be natural she is used to getting clutters to be honest I don't know what to say to her as l think they look to long now!

Thank you for your reply she's rang me to say she wants the longer and fuller. I've explained that they r ment to be natural she is used to getting clutters to be honest I don't know what to say to her as l think they look to long now!

Instead of long extensions try a stronger curl? From the front they often have the illusion of more length...
As for giving the illusion of more volume try mixing lengths and using shorter lashes inbetween the main lengths used. Also with more practice (and good lighting) you'll start to get more lashes on :)

I have been lashing for about 4 years now and I love it! I've been at a new salon for a year and for the first time my boss has asked me to do her lash extensions. I'm a bit nervous as she's my boss! I am wondering what lashes to use on her as she has quite large eyes with a deep socket and long, very straight natural lashes! She wants them to look more curled but not too dramatic! I'm probably going to try 0.15 C on outter quarter then blend with B curls just not sure what length. I don't want to make her eyes look even bigger or accentuate the socket line. Maybe try and give her a more cat eye look. Any tips would be good but I appreciate you haven't seen her eyes! X

Instead of long extensions try a stronger curl? From the front they often have the illusion of more length...
As for giving the illusion of more volume try mixing lengths and using shorter lashes inbetween the main lengths used. Also with more practice (and good lighting) you'll start to get more lashes on :)

Thank you very much xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395155999.000519.jpg just finished these what do you think any better?

Does anyone have a link to show techniques such as stacking and candy caning etc? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What glue do you use Angelina?? Is it fast setting? Xx

Hi ALL. I wasnt trained by a very good company. Can anyone explain the terms:
skeleton, spider legs, feathering and filling, stacking and candy caning?

Hi ALL. I wasnt trained by a very good company. Can anyone explain the terms:
skeleton, spider legs, feathering and filling, stacking and candy caning?

If you read the previous posts some of these terms are pretty much explained...
But in any case:
The skeleton I believe is the term for the application of main lengths of the set of lashes. E.g along someone right eye you might apply lengths to sections across the lash line like 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 10mm (but not get every single suitable lash) then go to the natural lashes left in-between in a pattern of 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 9mm to "fill" them in giving a softer "feathered" appearance. You could use many different lengths mixed more than that but that was just a quick example...

Spider leg lashes is just a literal description of extensions that look like spider legs because either the extensions used are not mixed in length, or are too long/thick. People also describe horrible fibre mascara as looking like spider legs loll

Candy caning is just a way of apply an extension to a lash that may be awkward/grow in an odd direction. With a good adhesive you only need to bond around 3mm of the base of the extension securely to a natural lash but sometimes even that can't be achieved easily so to increase the bonding area you wrap the natural lash around the extension a bit.

Stacking is adding additional extensions to one natural lash. Applying more than one extension per lash is usually regarded as advanced technique and in my insurance it states further/advanced training is needed to do this.
Just like any other time you need to take into account the weight of extensions compared to strength of natural lash. On someone with very strong healthy lashes you could use 2x 0.10s. But don't forget each time you add a lash you're also using extra adhesive that adds weight too.
You might hear some refer to this as "capping".

Hope that all made sense! X

My word that post was longer than I thought! Haha

My word that post was longer than I thought! Haha

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395947244.488704.jpg
Done these today what do you think they r my 5th set xx

Your time will pick up gradually. Don't worry too much about it, concentrate on getting them on correctly and the more sets you do the quicker you will become.
It really is all about practice, practice, practice.
For lashes that aren't straight, you can kind of candy cane round them. So curl the extension around the natural lash and hold it in place until the glue has dried.
If you have lashes that are curling all underneath the lash you want to extend then you can use a 'flag'.
You get a microbrush, attach some transpore tape around the end of it so that it looks like a flag. You can then place this under the lash you want to extend and it will keep all the other lashes out of the way. Bit difficult to describe but I will add a pic after.
Stickies are either caused by using too much glue or working faster than the glue sets. So you either need to get a quicker setting glue or put less glue on the extension. Again, with practice, you will get quicker and better.
Will go and find the pic now and add it.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/an...cture25722-flag-those-troublesome-lashes.html

What glue do you use? Xx

View attachment 60180
Done these today what do you think they r my 5th set xx

You're getting better.
If you can get better quality pictures that will help you to look back and criticise your own work better. Good lighting helps with that too.
Try remember to take a before picture too so we can see the transformation :)
What size, lengths and curl did you use? X

You're getting better.
If you can get better quality pictures that will help you to look back and criticise your own work better. Good lighting helps with that too.
Try remember to take a before picture too so we can see the transformation :)
What size, lengths and curl did you use? X

I used 9 10 11 12 12 j curl

I used 9 10 11 12 12 j curl

Don't buy any more j curl 0.20 (; it's all about the b, c & d curl, 0.10, 0.12 & 0.15s
More curl = better impact from the front (different curls can suit different people/eye shapes etc tho)
Lower diameter = softer, more flexible lashes that are better long-term (the thickest I use now is 0.15 and haven't looked back!)

You used nice lengths though (obviously depends on the clients natural lashes), I first thought they looked too long but that's probably just an illusion from them being j curl!
X

Don't buy any more j curl 0.20 (; it's all about the b, c & d curl, 0.10, 0.12 & 0.15s
More curl = better impact from the front (different curls can suit different people/eye shapes etc tho)
Lower diameter = softer, more flexible lashes that are better long-term (the thickest I use now is 0.15 and haven't looked back!)

You used nice lengths though (obviously depends on the clients natural lashes), I first thought they looked too long but that's probably just an illusion from them being j curl!
X

Ok l will l will use what I gave bought for now, what can l mix with the j curl?
Shall l buy what ever the other curl you tell me in the 0.15

Ok l will l will use what I gave bought for now, what can l mix with the j curl?
Shall l buy what ever the other curl you tell me in the 0.15

Well the next straightest after J curl is B curl so probably easier to mix those.
(Straightest - j - b - c - d - curliest) - curl of different brands of lashes may vary slightly x

I know it's blurry but just found this with different curls on...
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395964115.765966.jpg

Latest posts

Back