Eyelash extensions - nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jet0301

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m really new to this so would be really grateful of any advice!

I completed a classic extension course on Friday and so excited to get started. The only thing is I’m really doubting myself! I found it harder than I thought and I’m absolutely terrified to do even a family members lashes without having a trainer with me! How did you overcome this? I’ve done so much research and watched so many videos, I just even worry about choosing the right length lash!

Thanks for your help,
Emma

Hi everyone,

I’m really new to this so would be really grateful of any advice!

I completed a classic extension course on Friday and so excited to get started. The only thing is I’m really doubting myself! I found it harder than I thought and I’m absolutely terrified to do even a family members lashes without having a trainer with me! How did you overcome this? I’ve done so much research and watched so many videos, I just even worry about choosing the right length lash!

Thanks for your help,
Emma
I felt like you, it was way harder than I thought. I was told to just practise loads. I gave up though. Hated it :-(

At times we ALL doubt ourselves and lack the confidence! Fake it. Act confident and believe you can do it. You've completed the course, you just need to push yourself out of your comfort Zone otherwise none of us will ever get anywhere.
Practise practise. See if there's any Facebook groups for the company you've trained with.
Just take your time, family members will be understanding and we therapists always notice things about our work and pick it at, that someone untrained hardly even notices or doesn't notice at all! You can do it or you wouldn't of passed your course.
Good luck!

I practiced with family members and friends . I told them if they're not that great SHUT UP IM PRATICING! haha in the most loving way of course .At least I know there's glue removal gel to take them off if they didn't turn out that great. Friends and family got me out of that self coucious thinking. working on my first client was just scary in general but did my best and came out fine! Also in capital letters......DO AN GREAT JOB AND TAKE TIME THAT IS NEEDED FOR PROPER APPLICATION !!!!! DON'T FEEL BAD IF YOU GET TOLD "OH BUT THIS PERSON TOOK THIS MUCH TIME AND THAT PERSON DID THIS FOR ME...." not everybody is like that but some want to be cheap and/or dont know what they want. a refill is always needed in 2-3 weeks and with time and practice you'll become faster

Latest posts

Back