Eyelash tint aftercare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im doing my case studies for my college course and do not knwo what to put for aftercare advise for an eyelash tint. What aftercare do you all give your clients.

Thanks all xxx

didnt' know there was any and i have been doing them for nearly 30 years!!!!!

Hi,

The aftercare I give out is Not to use Eyelash Curlers and not to use NON-Waterproof Mascara....it contains an ingredient that causes the tint to fade and stip out the colour.

Hope this helps!

All the best x:)

The client should be advised not to rub the area for a few hours after treatment. If any redness or irritation occurs to apply a damp cotton wool compress. Advise the client that strong sunlight can fade the tint quicker.

If you have one of the NVQ Beauty books, you will find aftercare in there.

I would say the same as Rach:)

Also if there is excessive stinging, redness or irritation, or any of these symptoms appears to be worsening, seek medical advice.

Avoid eye make up for 8 hours
Avoid perfumed products
Avoid sun and uv treatments as these will fade the tint.
Irritation or swelling seek medical advise asap.

Also use of eye make up remover can also cause the tint to fade over time, but then thats why they book another appointment:)

It is ok to use eyelash curlers with it, its when you have mascara on you shouldn't use them. But each tutor trains a little different.

x

I'd second Rach's advice not to rub your eyes afterwards - that is what Sharon always says to me when she does my lashes.

yeah same as above

avoid wearing mascara straight afterwards,
no touching / rubbing straight afterwards
no swimming / saunas

Avoid eye make up for 8 hours
Avoid perfumed products
Avoid sun and uv treatments as these will fade the tint.
Irritation or swelling seek medical advise asap.

Also use of eye make up remover can also cause the tint to fade over time, but then thats why they book another appointment:)

It is ok to use eyelash curlers with it, its when you have mascara on you shouldn't use them. But each tutor trains a little different.

x

i think thats perfect advice also not to go swimming for 24hr is one too?? not too sure tho without looking back at old college work

Latest posts

Back