eyelash tinting and contact lens wearers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalez69

Reaction score
i had a client today who was wearing contact lenses in when coming for a eyelash tint and didnt have any solution with her to take them out i advised against the tint however she was going on holiday tomoro and couldnt come back to the salon! would you have tinted them?

No i personally wouldn't of.

If the tint had gone into your clients eye what would you of done?
You should always ask If the client wears contacts when booking them in for the treatment and tell them they will need to remove them so the treatment can be done.

unfortunatley i hadnt taken the booking for it and the client has been having it done elsewhere with the contact lenses in!

I would of explained to the client why it is unprofessional and unsafe to carry out the treatment with contacts in and that even though another Therapist had done this that I wouldn't be preparep to put her at risk by doing it.

Never be afraid to say no. I doubt your insurance would be valid if anything had gone wrong.

ok thats great thanks

Anyone else with any views? I did a thorough consultation with her and asked her if she had any eye infections or anything i needed to know about her eye area and he said no but then once i was half way through my tinting and it was to late she said she wore contact lenses! i told her that next tim she would have to not wear them as the treatment wouldnt be carried out! i think she knew this and was at it as she knew her contact lenses shouldnt have been in

unfortunatley i hadnt taken the booking for it and the client has been having it done elsewhere with the contact lenses in.

Did you not do a patch test on her before the appointment day as on reading this thread it doesn't seem as though you had from your post as above (sorry if I have misread this and I am not having a go)

But if you have/had then contact lenses is something I always talk about at the time of the patch test so that the client knows the score before they come for the tint.

Hi there

I wouldn't have tinted them if she was wearing a solution. I wear lenses and it would be dangerous to treat if she had kept her lenses in. What you could suggest if that happens again, if there is a boots or superdrug nearby, get the client to nip in and buy a small bottle of solution or lens eye drops that could safely store the lenses in for 15 -30 minutes.

I hope this helps!

Hello there

Personally I would not go through with the treatment.

I am a contact lense wearer and when I trained 3 yrs ago I always had to take mine out and take a spare pair with me or just wore my glasses after the lesson and do the same now whenever I get mine done.

My policy is like some of the above, ask the client if she wears contacts if so advise her before making the appointment. ask when she comes in for her patch test that way she is prepared before hand.

Latest posts

Back