Eyelashes and glue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Jose

Reaction score
I have recently qualified level 2 beauty and have had a new client ask if I do lashes to last a few months!! I’m assuming she means individual as they will last longer than cluster and I know cluster lashes don’t last more than a week or so! Also unsure of a good brand and good glue to use-please help!!

If you're not trained in eyelash extensions then I can't imagine your insurance will cover you.

I have had some lashes stay on for 7/8 weeks, but no full set will last that long, infills should be done every 2-3 weeks

If you're not trained in eyelash extensions then I can't imagine your insurance will cover you.

I have had some lashes stay on for 7/8 weeks, but no full set will last that long, infills should be done every 2-3 weeks
I am level 2 beauty qualified and did cluster lashes as part of my course. I have insurance for everything I’m qualified in. Can you recommend good brand of glue to use please?

Cluster lashes are completely different to eyelash extensions, I don't offer clusters so I can't recommend a glue for this.

I suggest calling your insurance and seeing if you're covered for extensions - if you've not done training in this you really shouldn't be offering the service to anyone.

Cluster lashes should only be worn for a couple of days (hence the reason they are called weekend lashes) and they are applied with a completely different adhesive to semi permanent lashes. Insurances will class these as different treatments and you will need to be trained in order to offer this to paying clients. You can have a look at the different companies offering semi permanent or classic lash extensions and once you are qualified you should be able to add it to your insurance too.

Beware- I had a client asking for cluster lashes applied with semi permanent glue. I asked my insurance co and they said absolutely NOT as the weight of the cluster lashes with that glue, for that length of time would essentially make all her own lashes fall out and then she will probably want to sue you! Avoid at all costs - especially if you’re not lash trained

Latest posts

Back