Fabric hicup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christine G

Reaction score
Did my Fabric course with Creative last week, and enjoyed it very much, the only problem is that I'm a bit puzzled about the more than white.
I spoke to the OSNS about it today, and now am even more confused.
On Gigi's tutorial about fabric and more than white,she says to apply the MTW on top of the blended tip, and then apply the fabric, and the OSNS say to apply the MTW on top of the fabric,,,,,,,,would this be before or after the fabric has been saturated with bond? I have tried before, and after.
My other problem is that no matter how thinly I apply the MTW in any of the methods above, and leave it at least 2 minutes to dry, it still seems very sticky when the nail is finished,,, and my smile line that was crisp to start with ends up looking like it's run a little.
I find the MTW application onto the tip as per Gigi's method simpler and more logical, but it's just the stickiness that's bothering me, I must be doing something wrong,,,,,, help greatly appreciated.

Christine.

Hiya, you need Ruth (Nailsinlondon1), dont worry i am sure when she reads this she will help you. xxx

Hi Christine, The great thing about Fabric# is that you can play around with it and still get great results. I was having the same problem with the MTW bleeding back from the smile line, heres what I do now.

1. Prep
2. Bond
3. Tip and blend
4. Fibreglass/Silk
5. Bond slowly to saturate the perforations
6. Build and let air dry
7. Build
8. Activate
9. File lightly round cuticle and side wall and over tip for smooth surface
10. MTW
11. MTW
12. Boost
Hope this helps, I know Geeg, Ruth and Dawnie are the best with the system and may be able to give you another way

David

Hi ya,
Right firstly there is no right or wrong way of applying More Than White............
I prefere to paint my smile line on the blended tip, then cover it with the fibreglass or the silk...I prefere the silk...I like my MTW buried deep under the resin lol..........
Others prefere to paint on the MTW after the build and get the boost to encase it.....thats cool too........

What is happening to your application is this: It is to thick love, if it does not dry within the 2 minutes then it is applied to thick.............
Paint on a thin coat of MTW let it dry, if it looks patchy apply another layer of MTW....then proceed which ever way you choose...........
HTH

Latest posts

Back