Facebook Tabs - an amazing feature few use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo Oooooo Oooooo I have my first 3 guides, just need my new logo and a day to create and I'm off....

Will keep you posted.

And, thank you again for such a fantastic generous offer of help , I have most definitely made sure i "liked" you xx

After a very long night the 4th guide is now available from this page

It covers the topic many of you have been waiting for - Facebook tabs

I now realise that I need a 5th guide for other advanced features - so watch this space.

And please "like" my facebook page so that you get to hear the latest news via your facebook wall.

Last edited:
Fabulous, and now I have the complete set and very busy time ahead of me.

A BIG MASSIVE HUGE THANK YOU :Love:

I may be too late but have subscribed too!! Would love help on setting up FB page as it's lay dormant!! Thanks. Fiona.

Guide 2 takes you though changing the name of your salon page - but be aware this is irreversible !!!

I have 1 salon that has changed their personal profile name by mistake :(

There is a drop-down menu to choose the page - and choose carefully ! And watch the spelling - you will be stuck with it.

Here are the amended instructions - with emphasis on the mistakes you will make if you do not take care and read the screen

-------------------
3. Change your name. Facebook initially creates your salon page with a long string of numbers but when you have at least 25 fans of your page you can change that.

Please be ultra-careful when following these steps - they cannot be reversed!

While signed into facebook go here .

It may ask you to switch to your personal page if you are logged in as your salon.

Use the drop down to select your salon page NOT your personal page

Choose a short name for your salon. It must be unique so if you cannot have “TrendsSalon” add your town name “TrendsSalonBrighton”

***Double check the spellling - if its wrong you are stuck with it !!

We can now tell people our address is facebook.com/TrendsSalonBrighton
Note I am using Capital letters to break up the name – facebook ignores them but it makes it much easier to read.

Last edited:
I have changed the way the Facebook tabs work on my own page

Remember - the 2 tabs you will see can contain anything you want - I have kept my 1st tab really simple just to get people to "like"

Then once they are a fan, a more complex tab with coupons, comments, images, galleries etc.

You can see it here

I've just registered for the guides too, thanks so much

81 salons have now taken the free guides - wow :biggrin:

But some are stuggling to get the 1st 25 "likes" so they can change their facebook page name from the messy one you are first given.

So post your url and lets ALL like that page for each other to get past 25 !

Here is the 1st to help -
Topaz Nails and Beauty | Facebook

Yeah please help me to increase the number of page likes so that I can change the name. I am new to business, and so it will take me time to get all my clients onto fbook. I will of course return the favour.

Claire
x

I have changed the way the Facebook tabs work on my own page

Remember - the 2 tabs you will see can contain anything you want - I have kept my 1st tab really simple just to get people to "like"

Then once they are a fan, a more complex tab with coupons, comments, images, galleries etc.

You can see it here

I'm a little confused (doesn't take much)! Are you saying that your first tab page (whatever you set it at) is the only actual "like" page and unless they like it they cannot see the rest of your tabs?

Thank you by the way for the first 4 guides

Omg I've been thinking about setting up a Facebook page but I don't have the first clue where to even start with it! I am such a technophobe! :( I do have a web site that was done for me and I have altered from nails to tanning, can this be used for Facebook too? Sorry to be dim! Lol sherrie.
www.about-tan.co.uk

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I've changed my facebook business page, it was so easy to do so no need for you all to be worried!

I'm not having much luck with mine :irked:

Had already set it up and have been able to change the name to a more simple one to remember but haven't a clue how to set up the tabs and fbml stuff. Gone right over my head..

Hi all - good to see so much progress.

I would not even think about tabs and FBML until you have done everything in guides 1-3.

Its like trying advanced colouring before you now how to blow-dry. Step-by-step and learn as you go. If something is "over your head" you are nor ready for that yet.

My partner did not know what a mouse was 2 years ago and now he runs his own blog with 1,000's of visitors a month.

Take it nice and slow and ask questions if you get stuck.

But most of the answers are in the guides.

And just for taggyboy -
With FBML you can create a tab for "non-fans" (new visitors) to show an image, some text etc. So new people get a nice (if simple) welcome page. Its OK - but only just.
The new system I found lets you create a whole page of "whatever you want" for non-fans and then a 2nd of page of "whatever" for fans.
So a better welcome then a follow-up "and these are our offers, news, etc,"

Last edited:
Very late but signed up anyway, I think FB is a great tool and would love to know how to use it to it's max!

Gonna book tickets to hairdresser live in Manchester too, is anyone else on here going?

Thanks

I think the first four emails are good for people who don't have a clue about facebook but the information is out there and I had already done all these thongs for my page. I had changed tab names before the new page layout changed my page :-(
I was very interested in the animated pages and long profile pictures but as I guessed and had waited for all along come at a price.
Very, very cleaver marketing
you got to advertise your services on salon geek and many followers all for free. I bow down to your cleverness ;-)

I am offended by your attitude. I have written 4 lengthy free guides (with a 5th to follow), given them to anyone who asked (over 100) and provided 1-to-1 supoort where I could.

I have not aked for any money from anyone. All I have said to to the 100 salons is that in a months time I will need to start trying to make a living and will not help be able to continue helping everyone for free.

But all the guides are yours forever and will be for another month, free to download.

I have worked really hard on this and I know may have really appreciated it. You obviously do not.

How is it clever marketing to give away everything I have learnt in the past 5 years?

I feel like removing the guides and charging people for help - but luckily most people have been more grateful than you.

Last edited:
I am sorry you are offended, I agree your 4 insights will be invaluable to people as I said whom have not use facebook before and don't know how or can't be bothered to troll throughout the Internet looking for information on how to optimise the fan pages, I myself learnt all this information with a few days research. So don't proceed to put words in my mouth on how I don't appreciate your work.
Please don't insult my intelligence by telling me this wasn't as I complemented you on a very clear marketing plan. You have advertised your business on geek for free offering as you have stated free information, we all know this couldn't go on indefinitely and would of course require funding. I wish your business success and saddened you cannot take a compliment on your business strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back