Facebook Tabs - an amazing feature few use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I note you "learnt all this information with a few days research" - I must be slow because it has taken me years to perfect it.

By the way, you appear to have created a page for your salon that is a personal profile. This breaks the 1st rule of facebook.

But don't worry it is in the 1st free guide I happily sent you.

I'm confused..another member wanted to offer some salongeek members free/complimentry products for feedback as she has produced her own range - she wasn't allowed to as it goes against one of the rules.

But you are offering something free to us and have actually said you intend on charging us in the future and this has been allowed.

So is salongeek one rule for one and another for another...I think if her thread has been removed this should be.

SalonGuru, You didn't make facebook and you don't run it so if someone has broken a facebook rule it's non of your business unless i don't know their page contains pictures of you against your will!

I really don't like getting embroiled in these spats on here but to be fair to Carla, a lot of info about facebook can be found easily enough by looking through the help section on there & by looking at other business pages similar to your own.

I have a pretty successful fb page which is down to just that - researching & looking at other pages for inspiration.

I now get no end of messages from people wanting to take ideas from my page.

Having said that, I still could do with doing a LOT more to my page but there are many pages on fb, helping other page owners to increase their fan numbers & helping them do tabs & such like.

Why are you trying so hard to cause an argument and trouble? No sweetheart my personal prifile is personal, i am proud of my work and have pics on there, I am known in my area as Carla nails hence why I have my personal profile name. I have a lovely business page do check it out I have a few fans only 482 no where near the amount you have but it's a working progress. I will not participate in anymore of your childish digs and frankly if I had been you I would have taken my first post as a compliment, it certainly would have looked better for your new business than this.

I have provided free detailed advice on something that salon owners struggle with. I wrote long guides just for these forums and gave them away for free.

With over 100 salons using the guides all I said was that in one months time I could no longer provide free advice because of the sheer volume.

If the consesus is that I have exploitied the forums I will remove the guides tomorrow.

I think you will lose the input of true experts if you expect us to offer free advice ad-infinitum with no charge ever no matter how may peoople contact us.

I was really pleased to help so many people - I now feel rather depressed by the whiole experience.

The rules are quite clear and I personally object to the continual snipes about it being one rule for some and another rule for others! I also object to people using other mediums to stir up trouble for Salongeek. If you have a problem with a post then report it to the moderators - give us the time to then deal with it.

When someone posts that they are giving away free help and information then what is wrong with this - it has now become a problem because the OP is now wanting to start charging. This has now become a site rule break!

I find that lots of members on here seem to think there should be one rule for some and another for others - we had a thread posted earlier today which was a blatant advert, but because the member was a regular, no one person made any fuss about it - so who is making and choosing the rules!

If someone want to give away free advice then please post it on our articles section and not insisting that people come to a separate page in order to get the information.

This thread will be removed quite soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back