Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki21

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to set up a Facebook page please as it's all very confusing! Would you recommend business or personal Facebook page?

Business. Hopefully someone can guide you through it.

Hi
Can anyone tell me how to set up a Facebook page please as it's all very confusing! Would you recommend business or personal Facebook page?

Hi Nikki if it helps you we prefer the personal FB page, however it can be difficult to set up if you are a business and obviously FB could shut you down if they suss it out. Unlikely though! We are fortunate to have two words in our salon name so we have just used them as though we are a person....for example 'Beauty Beyond'. This way we have much more control of the page as we can choose and add friends....albeit not too many or we get into more trouble ;-) If you use the business type page you rely on 'likes' and they can be hard to come by. Long term though I think the 'likes' FB pages are probably less risky so think carefully. You could set one up of each and ask friends to like the other one too. That way you are protected if FB get onto you. Hope that helps a little. x

Thanks for your quick reply.....what percentage of your business would you say you get from FB?

I'm anti fb personally never had one and hear so much nonsense that happens on it,
However most of my clients kept telling me I should get a fb pg rather than a website so I set one up and I must admit it does work for clients recommending their friends
Mines is a business pg, so easy to "showcase" your work and it's free

Latest posts

Back