Facials & added nice bits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you can get small massage oil measuring pots (no lid) think mine holds 50mls, I got it from Capital & keep meaning to pick up another one. x

Here is the link for you;

Aromatherapy
alternatively visit someone in hospital just as its meds time and swipe the little pots, or buy a bottle of night nurse! It used to come with a little measure.
I use a little ceramic bowl to put my oils in then you just have to dab your fingers in to the shallow bowl.

so what bits are you going to use Matthew?

so what bits are you going to use Matthew?

I'll deffinately be investing in a heated blanket and bolster cusion, so that they are just generally more comftable before ive even started!

I like the idea of the warm eye mask too.

I shall deffinately be putting the massage oil in the hot cabi now. I always warm the oil with my hands but this is deffinately the way forwards.

Its been nice to hear everyones bit and bobs and know that there are people that really dDO care about how they present their treatments, so a big well done to everyone! :-D

I make a fruit skewer and a glass of water on a tray at the end for clients when seating up and leave them to enjoy and 'come round'!

I make a fruit skewer and a glass of water on a tray at the end for clients when seating up and leave them to enjoy and 'come round'!

That's a fab idea!

Fantastic thread guys!

Yes, you can get small massage oil measuring pots (no lid) think mine holds 50mls, I got it from Capital & keep meaning to pick up another one. x

Here is the link for you;

Aromatherapy

Thank you, will defo invest!!

I can't wait to get my home salon set up (building work is starting next month) so i can use heated blankets and all the lovely things on this thread, I think these little touches are much more difficult when your mobile as I am now. Fab thread :)

These things all sound lovely. I also have an "ADD ONS" menu for facial clients which are little extra 15 min treatments which I charge 10 pounds for. Things like deep foot massage, back scrub, nail painting etc
i still do nice extra little touches too but clients feel they are really getting a proper treatment with the add on bits

What a fantastic thread, and some great ideas. xx

I use Hot towels to remove everything! (unless extra sensitive/rosacea/vascular disorder). I infuse them with either lemon or neroli so they smell amazing! Clients always comment on how nice they smell. I rarely use sponges.

....Hi Matthew,
How do you infuse the hot towels? It sounds lovely!

They're tablets from Ellisons. You put one in the cabinet with the towels and it's infuses them!
They smell awesome!!!

Thanks Matthew- I've just found them in the Ellisons book so I'll definitely be ordering them!:lol:

Bumping for info, great thread x

Just marking this fab thread for later!! :) x

i'm renting a room next month and this thread has given me loads of ideas thank u

Hello Geeks - fabulous ideas! Does anyone use hot mitts on feet? I used to work for a company that started facials off with a warm mitt cleanse of feet - as prelude to massaging feet when the mask is doing its thing. feels gorgeous! also stops clients feeeling squirmish about smelly feet!?

This is an excellent thread Matthew.

We already use some of the tricks and treats that have been suggested but I will be printing this out and handing it our BT to absorb and take on board some of the new ones we've not heard about.

Loving the cold stones on the eyes idea and hot ones in the palms of hands.

Oil in the towel warmer, excellent.

We also make sure that the couch doesn't have clutter underneath (nothing worse when having a massage). We put warm water in a lovely bowl with a few lemon or orange drops in so they help relax the client. Just need to get some fancy marbles to put in the bottom.

There is some great tips on here, I'm mobile now so can't quite manage them all,

When I used to work in the salon I used to put a glass bowl with stones and a floating flower in, fill with hot water and add a couple of drops of chosen oil then place under the couch so when the client looks through the face hole there greeted with a lovely sight and smell! :) x

Latest posts

Back