faded/transulcent/washed out low lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie1991

Reaction score
does anyone find that sometimes lowlights over bleached hair (either full head or highlighted) can come out a bit wishy washy, not deep enough colour? i have used gold basics like 8.3 in loreal but still find that they dont give a nice rich colour. do i need to add base and treat the hair as if it was white hair as it has no/little pigment?

by the way im new :p

does anyone find that sometimes lowlights over bleached hair (either full head or highlighted) can come out a bit wishy washy, not deep enough colour? i have used gold basics like 8.3 in loreal but still find that they dont give a nice rich colour. do i need to add base and treat the hair as if it was white hair as it has no/little pigment?

If your covering white or blonde always formulate your colour one shade darker :)

I always use tone on tone/quasi colours for lowlights a the grab much better on bleached hair. using permanent, you're always lifting before depositing making the hair more and more damaged and the colour will fade quicker and quicker :)

I always use tone on tone/quasi colours for lowlights a the grab much better on bleached hair. using permanent, you're always lifting before depositing making the hair more and more damaged and the colour will fade quicker and quicker :)

Was going to say quasis are great and much nicer result x

Just to add to this - if you find tone a problem go warmer than a gold - I often find on really damaged hair that gold is wishy washy - go for a copper tone if it's a lowlight as the damaged hair will soak up warmth and look 10 times better :)

I have used copper before say a 6/4 with 6% on a dyed 9/1 and it went really copper! Any ideas?

I have used copper before say a 6/4 with 6% on a dyed 9/1 and it went really copper! Any ideas?

9/1 isn't very damaged (unless you bleached it all first) so it wouldn't soak up the warmth, altough 9/1 should have neutralised some of the 6/4 but not considerably as its a lot lighter :)

Just go for Quasi, never fails

If it was over a 9-1 it would go really copper as 9 is just a high lift wouldn't be as damaging as a bleach.

Go for a warmer quasi with a copper tone in it - the copper shouldn't pop out as Ginger/copper it should just make the colour stick a bit better and not go wishy washy. :)

Thanks! The only reason I used the copper is because on a 9/1 with 12% (causing it to look more like 8.3 because on the natural base 6) the 6.3 looked a bit Kharki to me! :/ sometime I feel like. Colours too unpredictable! :) thanks for all your input so far people x

Thanks! The only reason I used the copper is because on a 9/1 with 12% (causing it to look more like 8.3 because on the natural base 6) the 6.3 looked a bit Kharki to me! :/ sometime I feel like. Colours too unpredictable! :) thanks for all your input so far people x

what colours do you use?

Majireal or koleston perfect :)

Latest posts

Back