feelin down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolz

Reaction score
hi all think i'm havin a bad day here i did a full set of l&p last thursday and have had a call this morn to say they have all lifted this never happened to me before. i have been renting my room for 10 weeks and at the moment i have 4 repeat nail clientsplus friends who come to my house, they always seem most happy with what i do so, any one have any ideas what i've done wrong i prepped as usual and i use retention +also does anyone get this happening to them much, its really knocked the bit of confidence i had .any ideas are as always most welcome
xxxxxxx

Hi joolz,

Don't worry hun :hug:, it's sods law that it happens when you've only got a few clients. If you are confident in your application, run through all the aftercare advice, did they use your advise when working with detergents as in using rubber gloves, have they been using their SolarOil etc etc. My boyfriend said this very thing to me .... "don't panic or blame yourself if you haven't seen them yet or gone through a few questions" Good advise this, saved me loads of worrying.

Now when I get to my clients, they know I'm not stupid, they immediatley admit they haven't used their solar oil for a while or they have been picking and so on. This is because I can see when I look at their nails if it was me or them.

Don't worry love!

xxxx

It may be they are suffering with over oily nail beds aor are taking a medication they have forgotten to tell you about any of these things can cause popping off, contamination of your brush as well. Check this all out and the things Rose has told you about and i am sure you will get to the root of the problem.

good luck hun let us know how you get on
x

Rose is right you know... you might be blaming yourself but you haven't seen the nails and you don't know what the client has been doing with her nails since leaving your care.
I have one client who loses her nails all the time... why?... because she doesn't care for them, she doesn't respect them and most of all she doesn't listen to the advice I give to her.
You can only do so much... you tell them to be careful, jewels not tools etc etc but what they do with that advice is up to them.
Keep your chin up, we've all felt like this at one point, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and... believe in yourself :hug:

Yes - it is probably the client who has not looked after her enhancements. Do you give all your new clients an aftercare advice sheet?

i do give them an aftercare leaflet,and i also explain things as i'm working she didnt take any solar oil although i offered her some and explained its benefits
thanks so much for your replies xx

joolz said:
i do give them an aftercare leaflet,and i also explain things as i'm working she didnt take any solar oil although i offered her some and explained its benefits
thanks so much for your replies xx

Sorry Joolz, I'm gonna be a bit forward here hun, don't offer SolarOil to them, tell them they need to buy it if they want the enhancements to look beautiful all the time (in a nicer way than that of course). Not one of my clients has nails done without buying a mini solar oil from me!!!! SolarOil is vital I feel! Even the regular manicure clients use theirs all the time!

xxxx

joolz said:
she didnt take any solar oil although i offered her some and explained its benefits
I think you've answered your own question :D
You offered it and explained the benefits... she chose NOT to accept your advice...
xx

Latest posts

Back