fibre glass and wrap systems???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
learnt to do fibreglass when i was at college and that was using a system i cant even remember the name of... needless to say i didnt think much to it at the time, and decided i would go with one system and just do L&P.
However now I am really keen to give it another go as i would like to offer another system, can i just ask .. In what circumstances would you use fibreglass over L&P?
At college the tutor really slagged it off so we was never given a fair chance to really get stuck in and have a proper go, but I would love to now.
She said its purely to mend broken nails!!! , think she was trained when the cavemen were still around.
As i understand it now, you would mostly use it for people who have abit of length but would like abit more strength to their nails,?? you can use it to fix broken nails etc.. is this right? So in what circumstances would you advise a client to have fibreglass rather than L&P. Also do they need infilling as often as L&P?

:wink2: just bumping my thread back up! :D

Oh obviously a Tutor that hasn't moved with the times or is staying informed whats hot and whats not in our industry
Fibreglass has come a long way since it was introduced as a Nail system in this country.........

You can use Fibreglass/Silk to wrap a natural nail to add strength and support to the natural nail.You can use it for repairs, yes, but that is not it's only use..You can create a beautiful enhancement too..
........Todays systems offer you a great choice in Resin viscosities, you can build and structure a nail and make it just as beautiful with Fibreglass as you can with L&P. You can sculpt with Fibreglass and Silk too...You can use it to encase glitter and create some fab art work...........

So in short......A Fibreglass/Silk and EC Resins system can do everything L&P can do.......

You can overlay a nail that is very weak and might not be suitable for L&P or Gel. A nail that will not support a more ridgid structured enhancement... Fibreglass is very flexible. the weave allows slightly more movement then L&P.....

When would I recommend Fibreglass over L&P ........ well depends on the clients natural nail, depends on what the client is looking for, it all depends on the clients needs...............Even a canibal nail can made to look fab

A fibreglass nail, is system wise still from the acrylic family.........so it still will need the same rebalance, maintenance regime as L&P.

General Fibreglass bonus points are..............
Easy natural nail overlays, natural looking and invisible.........very thin, but still strong.
No odour, so it can be used in any Salon........
You will still need good ventilation, just because you can't smell vapour doesn't mean it isn't there.............
Less dust, as you only have to buff the finished layer lightly..........
Instant polymerization............When it has dryed its polymerised......
End of the polymerisation chain.........
Soak off time is 10 Minutes in warm acetone..............
Least likely to cause sensitivity, they are the the bottom of the sensitivity ladder............

HTH

Thats crackin Ruth thanks... hoped you would be the one to reply to my thread.
Will phone CND for my Fabric# tomorrow!
Many thanks

You won't be dissapointed ........... it's the best in my humble oppinion ....You can taylor it to your clients needs, build strength where it is most needed..........Just play around with it and don't be affraid to try out new things with it..............
Fabric# gives me scope for being creative( sorry for the pun)
But enjoy and post some pics too xxxxx

Latest posts

Back