Files Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya all xxx

I read on here that using a not so new file could cause liftling with gel when doing a rebalance, but then i have also been told that using a not so new file can help not to weaken the enhancement. Have i got this completely the wrong way....sorry to confuse...which should it be new or not or doesnt it matter as long as you are doing it correctly.

Thanks xx

Funny I was wondering about that comment as well... and I can't remember where I read it either as there have been so many posts today.....

New or old does not make any difference ... what makes the difference is the size of the grit on the abrasive and when you are using it.

The harsher the grit the lighter you should be when filing especially on a newly completed enhancement where it is vulnerale to micro cracking if you use a too heavy grit abrasive. I only ever finish with 240 or higher.

For prep during rebalancing I like a new sharp abrasive so I can get the job of filing done quickly ... as you all know ... I find filing SO boring. The harshest grit abrasive I ever use is 180. I don't own anything that is less than that.

Mani-fique! said:
Funny I was wondering about that comment as well... and I can't remember where I read it either as there have been so many posts today.....

hiya it was thread "gel infil" from last night that i read it.

Latest posts

Back