Filing, driving me nuts! Drill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelBeautique

Reaction score
I use l & p and love it, the only thing is I can't stand the filing (maybe I'm lazy) but I was wondering if I'd be better off with a drill? I was looking for some advice on drills and whether they're worth the money? I've seen cheap ones at £50 then NSI ones at about £400 it's a massive difference so I'm not sure. Also what brand do you use and how much was it? Thanks x

Not sure about drills but have you read Nailclass by Gigi? She goes through effective methods of filing to minimise time wasting...

Would be cheaper than buying a drill and paying for the training to use it correctly!

Just a thought!! x

If you perfect your application there will be a minimal filing.

I did my level 3 cause I wanted to use a efile cause I hated filing but I just practice in my application instead.

Because the efile does not give a nice shape like the file. U still have to use a file to refine anyhow. Electrics file was good for soak offs has you can take a lot of bulk away.

Try to get pro impressions tips that you do not need to blend ,find very thin nail tips this i find cuts my filing time down by loads:lol:

I know you still need to file after using the drill, it's glitter acrylics that the filing drives me crazy I do them a bit thicker because I put clear over the top of the glitter and just wondered if the drill would help. Thanks girls :) and ill look around for that book xx

A good electric file costs hundreds of pounds and you would need to complete a training course to be insured to use it. If you feel it would make a huge difference to your business then it may be worth the cost.

Filing after application should be minimal though so its well worth looking at how much product you apply. It will save you time and money ;)

E files have generally helped people more for rebalance of pink and white sets to cut down time in filing down the white for reapplication :hug:

Hi
I actually not file a lot doing nails. But it’s a lot of filing on the revisit because rebalancing or total color change. My clients would KILL me if I cut their free edge of to save filing time.
On a new set I often just hand file, but on the above case I use my YN e file and the YN safty bit, and do I love it. Saves my hands, my time and my love for nails..

I was thinking of getting a drill as some of my clients like to get gel polish on top of their gel extensions, obviously you can't soak it off so it's gotta be filed :(

Training courses are about £70 from NSI and I would probs need to buy a drill from them at £400. I don't think I have a problem with the amount of product I put on I think it's just got to the point that I want to try the drill. I think I hate filing so much because I know drills are available, but I wasnt sure if they were worth the money & if they saved all that much time? Thanks girls xx

I got sick of the filing ....kept getting cramp in my left thumb...I converted nearly all my clients to Gelish :))..love it!!! ...no more filing :)))

Latest posts

Back