First ever glitter tip.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliejayne

Reaction score
I have just done my first attempt at a glitter tip. I also encapsulated rhinestones and tiny foil flowers. honest critique welcome. I know the tip is too large for the nail and its not perfect but I dont think its too bad for a first attempt! x x:Scared:

Well done Hollie ~ fab first attempt. I love the colour Babes its stunning! Did you use L&P or Gel?
Like you say the tip is wide for the nail bed but we live and learn, I find taking photo's of my work the best way to see where I have gone wrong. They look fine in real life but when I check the photo's I can see my flaws and the areas that need work.
Love seeing photo's of folks work ~ good inspiration.
KxXx

I did notice the tip was too wide, and thanks for being honest.

I used l+p and just mixed some glitter with some clear powder. No idea if its meant for use on nails or not! It was in a bag of goodies trinity nails gave me at the geek meet!! Its really solid and strong though!

The thing I love about trying out something new is that it feels like your learning all over again, for me anyway, cos glitter was definatly more challenging! x x

great first attempt Hollie.......im loving that colour :)
i also think that is good that your are crtiquing (sp??) your own work.... it means you are learning and know where you need to improve... well done :biggrin:

Jess
xox

Thanks for your comments x x Is it ok to add any old glitter to powder? Just until I can get my hands on that gorgeous EZflow stuff! x x

holliejayne said:
Thanks for your comments x x Is it ok to add any old glitter to powder? Just until I can get my hands on that gorgeous EZflow stuff! x x

personally i use my walk of fame boogie nights collection (which are on a half price offer at the mo!) so i dont need to worry abt the glitter to powder ratios etc...
the only glitter ive used in the past is with gel and nt l&p and it was some stuff i got from nsi at a trade show
you have to be careful that the glitter doesnt kinda melt with the mononer or that the colours nt going to run iykwim

j xox

Hollie,
I have loads of different kinds of art/ craft glitters. I use Brisa Gel and mix up my own glitters with the gel ~ see my gallery.
Do a search Babes and you will find loads of threads on Glitters for L&P.
I can give you some Ebay sellers if you are interested PM me

KxXx

hi
i have bought glitter from a £1 shop near where i live their are 12 different colours and are very fine in a case can these be used with gel and acrylic powers and clear nail polish are these just for art and crafts eg sticking on paper, i bought them cause the colours of them look good and eye catchingare do i need to buy expensive glitter
any advise please
insette23vhf

sometimes cheap glitters can have a tendancy to run/bleed when mixed with gel or L+P, might be a case of trial and error if you're not going to buy glitters specifically made for use on nails.
I've got some by Spangles and an NSI one, they're very fine and don't bleed/run, not overly expensive either :)

Latest posts

Back