First interview for beauty!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melaniexx

Reaction score
So I am over the moon I have my first interview. I just wanted to ask if anyone could give me any sort of tips whatsoever!!

Also what should I wear? I really wan the job so bad and want to do anything I can to impress.

Thanks in advance!!

Well done you! I have one next week.

Just be confident and yourself, wear smart work clothes with neat makeup and nails just like you would for any other job. I'm practicing answering the most common job interview questions (if you search it on Google there will be loads of pages) just to be prepared.

Good luck, I hope it goes well! X

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Present yourself as they can expect to see you on a working day in the salon...smart trousers, tunic, well applied makeup and neatly done hair (it may be worth thinking about the sort of image the salon appears to be going for when planning your hair and makeup).

Be honest about your strengths and weaknesses...if it's your first beauty job you're going for then it's better to be honest about a treatment you struggle with...just make it clear that it's important to you to improve in this area.

Clarify whether the role is self employed or employed...if it is employed you should expect to be paid by PAYE so that your tax and ni are sorted out by the salon owner.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back